- Twenty Two -

Gulf's POV

"And he just shoved me for nothing,"

"So you're telling me that he suddenly turns cold once you mention our hang-out?"

"Yes! Isn't that childish? That arrogant son of a bitch, I swear"

"I'm so sorry that I caused this argument between you two, if I had known sooner I wouldn't ask you to hang out," Mika was always so sincere and I really feel bad for him.

"Are you saying you'll cancel our hang-out just because of Mew?"

"No, no, no, it's not like that! I would still want to hang out with you but if that means causing a problem in your relationship, I think it's better if I back off..."

"Mika, no, it's not your fault, okay? And who gives a fuck about what Mew gonna say?" I do, but that's not important right now,

"It was probably my fault but I know I did nothing wrong, so with that being said, I think it's just one of Mew's assholish behaviour then,"

"I never Mew is that kind of person, he seems nice,"

"Nope and nope! He's far from nice, he's the worst, I swear. He's just nice in front of people, when it was just me, ugh... he turns to this demon-like creature that I wish I could choke to death. Arrogant, selfish, such a bastard, a complete asshole, that's him. He's just that insane, he should have felt lucky to have me, but no, he just loves to annoy the living shit outta me. Sure he was nice sometimes, but he also made me cry a couple of times,"

"But you still love him, right?"

"Sadly,"

"He treats you like trash and you still love him, why?" Mika's question totally makes sense but I just shrugged my shoulder carelessly,

"I... I don't even know actually,"

I should have just ignored someone like him, but there's something about him that keeps pulling me in. I don't know what, but it's there and its power on lulling me in is strong as fuck. Sure, he treats me poorly, but some way, somehow, I still do love him.

"Err... Gulf?"

"Uh, yeah?"

"Will you- will you go out with me?" w- whattt?

"C- compare to Mew, surely I'm not that much, I- I'm far from it, b- but... I can assure you that I'll never make you worry moreover crying,"

"M- Mika..."

"It- it seems like your relationship with Mew is far too complicated and- and like a lot of work for you, hence why... hence why I'm asking you out. You don't have to answer it now, you can think about it first, I'll wait as long as you wish,"

I was currently on my bed, rolling around in frustration. Should I go out with Mika? I know he's a good guy and seems like gonna treat me much better than Mew ever will, but was it the right decision?

Gulfie:
MILDDD
Help, urgent

Brother M:
Whattt?

Gulfie:
You know Mika from science?
My lab partner?

Brother M:
The guys with unique dark blue eyes?

Gulfie:
Yes.

Brother M:
What about him?

Gulfie:
He asked me out.

Incoming Skype video from Brother M

"Hey"

"Tell me all the details," He demanded and so I told him from the beginning until the time at the café and he hummed along here and there.

"Ok, so you're torn between accepting it or not because you love Mew?"

"Yeah, that and also because I'm afraid Mew might get mad again."

"Why would he? It's not like he actually likes you now, is he?"

"That's the thing, I don't know about his feeling to me, he never confirmed it but sometimes he acts like he actually likes me, but I don't know... that's why I'm so confused and frustrated and torn"

"Do you like this Mika guy?"

"Well... he's nice, sweet, and pretty cool. He's also fun to be around,"

"So you like him?"

"I don't know, Mild, I truly don't..."

"Be honest with yourself, Gulfie. Do whatever your heart desire."

"I want Mew, but he... seems way outta my league, don't you think?"

"As I said before, either you go get him or stop this all at once, come clean"

"But-"

Ping!

"Who's that?"

"Probably Mew, wait a bit"

Monster:
Haven't I told you to not
waggle your tail to everyone?

"Wait, what?"

"What did he say?"

"He knew!"

"Knew about what?"

"Mika asking me out,"

"What?"

"I don't know, he said 'haven't I told you to not wiggle your tail to everyone?' Mi-Mild, what should I do?"

"You want my answer? Just play along, say thanks for being your fake boyfriend and how it was so tiring and that you're done chasing after him, leave Mika outta this and see where it goes from there,"

"MILD, NOOO!!! What gonna happen with my reputation if I break up with him?"

"Follow my lead if you want this to work, just type that,"

"okay, okay, geez..."

Kitten:
Hey, Mew...
I think we need to talk

"I'm calling him,"

"Put him on speaker,"

"Okay, just keep your mouth shut,"

Incoming call from Monster

"What's it?"

"Hello to you too, Mew"

"Are you gonna apologise or something?"

"Actually... no,"

"Then?"

"I... don't want to lie anymore,"

"Hm?"

"Y- yeah, I don't wanna be a wolf-boy again and- and that means, you- you don't have to be my fake boyfriend again. T- thank you for everything these past few months, it helps a lot"

"Ha?"

"It- it's so tiring to play pretend, so yeah... And I... I also don't want to chase after you again, sorry that I was so persistent and insisting on it,"

"..." I looked over Mild in panic as Mew's line goes dead silent, he gave me thumbs up but I just bit my lips harder.

"... so, we have nothing goin on between us, right?"

"Yeah, thank you for everything,"

"You're welcome,"

"Ye- yeah, bye, Mew"

"Hm,"

What the fuck did I just do?