- Thirty Seven -

"Gulf, my gay baby!!!"

"Hello to you too, mum"

"Come gimme a hug," My mum said and pulled me into her embrace before I got the chance to answer.

"Why are you so cold? Are you okay?"

"Err... about that... we have something to tell you,"

"Are you pregnant?"

"What? No, mum. Is that even possible?"

"It is, but whatever. So what's there to tell me?" She asked and folded her arms in front of her chest. I looked up to Mew and he was biting his lips harshly. I nudged him and he blinked a few times before mumbling nervously,

"Co- can we... get inside first, please?" Mew asked timidly.

"Right, yeah. Come on in,"

"Okay, so what's it?" Mum started again.

"I haven't been that honest with you, Mum" Mew trailed off slowly.

"Uh?"

"Yeah, uh...This might sound crazy and like complete nonsense, but uh... I'm not who you think you are," way to may it sounds so wrong, Mew...

"Wait, what? Are you secretly a serial killer?"

"No?"

"A paedophile?"

"What? Of course, I am not,"

"A prostitute then?"

"No," His face literally screams "what the fuck" despite the clear confusion on it and I really want to laugh if the situation wasn't this serious.

"Alright, that's good enough. So what are you?"

"I'm uh... I'm not a human."

"So, what? A witch?"

"Uh? No..."

"Oh, a vampire then,"

"..." Mew bowed his head down, fidgeting with his fingers like crazy until I took his hands in mine.

"I'm terribly sorry for keeping this so long, mum. I don't know how to tell you and I'm so sorry for lying to you. I didn't even tell Gulf before I almost lost him again which means 3 weeks and some days ago. I don't know how you guys would react and it scared me to death. I told Gulf and he took it surprisingly well but I don't know if you'll react the same because he's your only son and- and..."

"Okay,"

"I know, I'm- wait, what?"

"It's okay"

"IT IS?" His eyes widened completely and he almost jumped off of the couch.

"Yeah, why wouldn't it? You still love my son the same if not more, you take care of him the same way, and you make me happy. So what if you're a vampire? You're still you. I don't care if you're secretly a merman or maybe werewolf or even alien."

"Is this for real?"

"Of course, it is! Are you thinking I'll pull out my secret silver dagger and throw it to you?"

"No, but yo- you seem unbothered at all,"

"As I said, I don't care about what are you, Mew. As long as you love him and take care of him and make him happy, that's enough for me." Mew grinned widely at my mum before jumping up to trap her in a bear hug.

"Oh gosh, thank you so much! You didn't know how much this mean to me!"

"I kinda wondered about why you're always so cold, but never really thought you would be a vampire, I just thought you probably have a really low body temp or something,"

"I tried to hide it, but seems like I'm doing a great job on it," Mew chuckled awkwardly.

"Wait a fucking bit! Does that mean..." She slowly turned his attention to me, her eyes blown wide while her mouth went ajar. Fuck!

"I swear Mew didn't force me or sweet-talk me! I did this because I want to, I know I want to spend the rest of my life with him and I know him mating me is the right decision. Please don't kill Mew, he asked me a thousand of times but I kept insisting." I jumped in instantly. Mew looked nervous again as panic slowly set into his system.

"So you're engaged then?"

"Um... not really? I mean, I know we'll end up marrying each other somewhere in the future but none of us has popped the question yet?"

"I feel so left out, honestly," My mum said sadly.

"Uh? Wh- what do you mean?"

"Gulf, son... you're a vampire now which means you're immortal and so is Mew... while me, I'm just me. I'll grow older and older and eventually die while you guys stay young and live for god know how long,"

"Mama can change you." Mew butted in. Mum instantly threw her gaze to Mew and he was a rambling mess,

"If you want to of course. I wouldn't pressure you. Gulf wouldn't too. It's all your calls but I know mama could help without the whole mating thingy. She knows the ritual and stuff but I completely understand if you don't want to and prefer to stay as human and-"

"Okay."

"I know- wait, what? Okay?"

"Yeah, okay. When can I meet her?"

"Tomorrow?"

"Okay, dinner in this house at 7."

I could see how relaxed Mew was now that she approved and how she reacted to the whole thing much calmer than we thought she would. I can't help but smile at how committed he looks now.

He looked up to meet my eyes and his eyes were twinkling with happiness and relief. The warm smile bloomed on his face and I returned it with one as well.

Seem like things indeed turn out much better than we hope.

☀️🌻☀️🌻☀️🌻☀️🌻☀️🌻
Can't believe that the next chapter is the last chapter 👀👉🏻👈🏻🙈
you guys ready for this to end??
☀️🌻☀️🌻☀️🌻☀️🌻☀️🌻