- Twenty One -

My mum took plenty of pictures of us that night, using the Polaroid that I still have no idea came from where but somehow works just fine.

She gave me the pictures that have me and Mew in them, telling me to keep them safe and not burn them because apparently, she saw me burning Mew's clothes so I guess she also knew why I locked myself in my room.

I took pictures of the bunch of Polaroids and sent them to the group chat, wishing everyone a Merry Christmas. I got a bunch of heart emojis in return and also questions that are just as much.

The thing is, Mew's gone after Xmas.

He spend the night so we could have Christmas together, and it was so fun to wake up next to him the next morning, but then after breakfast and exchanging presents, he excused himself saying he has something important to attend so we can't hold him back and reluctantly let him go.

And after that, he's gone.
I got no message from him, moreover calls.
All the calls went straight to voicemail and the messages I sent were left unread.

It was now our first day of the new semester and we were all gathered in the auditorium and I was frantically looking everywhere to find that tall brown quiff of Mew,

I spotted him rather fast, seeing that he was talking with some other guys. I ran to him shamelessly and jumped onto his back. He let out a small 'oomph' but caught me nevertheless. I giggled loudly, nuzzling my face into the crook of his neck, inhaling his natural scent that was mixed with a hint of his perfume.

"What are you doing here?" He grumpily said, typical.

"Nothing just wanna say good morning,"

"You're such a kitten when they see their owner,"

"Not my fault now, is it? You didn't say shit to me during the whole holiday, you just disappear outta the blue after that night!" I said as I plopped my chin on his shoulder.

"I got some business to do and was extremely busy, so I turned off my phone,"

"Why didn't you tell me? I would've understood if you told me beforehand." I said, pouting sulkily.

"What? Were you bawling your eyes out again?"

"Shut up! I wasn't bawling my eyes out, mind you!" I punched his shoulder lightly, before burying my face back in the crook of his neck, inhaling that calming natural scent of his.

"So, what?"

"I just miss you and also worried, that's all"

"I can take care of myself, no need to worry about me,"

"Says the guy who looked almost dead when he got a fever" I snickered playfully.

"Bring that up once more and I'll punish you, do you understand me, kitten?"

"Sure thing, daddy!" I teased back with a knowing smirk. Thanks, Tul.

Mew's jaw went ajar as he was closing and opening it like fish outta water. I giggled at his stunned face before stealing a small kiss at the corner of his lips.

"I'll see you later, Mewwie!" I yelled out and then hopped off to run away.

Turns out, it was just the usual principle speech to boost our motivation and such up that I barely paid attention to. I walked to my locker once we were dismissed and quickly fetched things that I might need. I turned around once I was done and bumped into a hard surface.

"Oh, god, I'm so sorry, I didn't see where I was going," The guy rambled on quickly,

"Mika?"

"Gulf? Oh hey, I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to bump into you,"