- Eight -

"Gulf, someone's at the door for you!"

"Yes, mum! Wait a sec," I yelled back from my room.

I quickly fixed my contact lens before hurrying down the stairs. My mum suddenly grabbed my arm, looking at me with a raised eyebrow.

"What?"

"Who's that guy?"

"Why?"

"Clearly he wasn't that sex god that pick and drop you off every day,"

"Mum, you can't just call my friend a sex god,"

"I said what I said, but who's he?"

"A friend of mine, soon-to-be boyfriend too perhaps, I don't know,"

"Honestly, I prefer the sex god, but if you like them both, make sure the sex god agrees first, yeah?"

"MUM!!! What are you talking about?"

"He's your second boyfriend right?"

"WHAT? No, mum, what the fuck?"

"I'm just saying. Now, shoo! People don't like waiting, young man,"

"I uh- whatever. I'll see you later, mum"

"Bye, honey-pie!"

"Ugh, mummm"

I heard my mum laughing devilishly when I closed the door behind me. I saw Kao leaning against a black Audi R8. What's it with rich-as-fuck guy and me?

"Hi,"

"Hey, Gulf. You ready?"

"Yeah, where are we heading?"

"The town? Just walk around and buy stuff maybe? What do you wanna do?"

"Eh? Anything actually, I'm not that picky,"

We spent the next few hours wandering in town, walking from shop to shop and even some parlour. I've never felt like this before; so free, relaxed, and happy. I also feel like this when I'm with Mild, but this one feels more... real. I keep blushing every now and then, feeling so loved by Kao.

He was the complete opposite of Mew. He's so gentle, caring, and overall just... better. I can feel my chest fluttering every time Kao did something, but the thing is: I feel no butterflies.

But that's probably just because I barely know him. I'm sure if I get to know him better, the butterflies gonna be there.

We walked into the arcade, laughing our asses off as we keep throwing awful pick-up lines. I managed to beat him at every game that we played, causing a cute pout to appear on his face which made me giggle loudly.

"Here, I bet you're tired," He softly said. Despite how soft it was, I feel my body freeze at his sentence. I bet you're tired. Fuck you, Suppasit. Now even your voice is haunting me!

"Th- thank you," I hesitantly grabbed the coke.

"It's fine, it's on me,"

"Thank you,"

"Nah, thank YOU. Today's amazing so far, I have fun," Kao said with that big smile of his.

"Yeah, me too" I shyly said, a faint blush coating my cheeks.

"Anyway, there's something I wanna ask you," The whole words suddenly stop moving as my eyes widen at his words. Is he... is he going to ask me to be his boyfriend? Isn't that too fast? Why am I panicking instead of overjoyed?

"Oh? What's it?" Smooth, Gulf... Smooth!

"That boy yesterday... Mew, wasn't it?"

"Y- yeah, it was Mew, why d'ya ask?"