- Five -

It was a month later and I was in a Starbucks near my house with Mild, ranting about Mew's assholish behaviour while Mild was laughing his ass off.

"Mildy, I swear to god, he's much, much worse than the demon himself. It's like he's blackmailing me and taking full advantage of my secrets. He keeps threatening me to spill it if I didn't do what he said. I don't get why people love him so much, it's like they're worshipping him. Even the guys fell head over heels for him,"

"Said the wolf-boy"

"MILD!!!" I groaned out loud again, a sharp glare planted permanently on my face.

"Nothing that bad, right? Or did he force you into 'it' too?"

"Thankfully no, but Mild, you know what I mean,"

"Is he really that bad? I mean, he acts just fine in front of people," Mild said.

"You knew his purpose, an act for a slave. It's like I'm his boyfriend in front of everyone but then I'm nothing but a slave when it's just us two. Ugh..."

"But you'll stay with him, won't you?" I rolled my eyes at Mild and took a sip of my iced coffee, ignoring his obvious question.

"Never knew you were a masochist, Gulf" He casually said causing the drink in my mouth to be spilt abruptly.

"A WHAT?"

"You know, a masochist, a person that loves torturing or being tortured, kinda"

"Why in both hell and heaven you called me that?"

"You said you hate him and yet you're still willing to stay with him and in my perception, that means you secretly enjoying it, isn't that what people called masochist?"

"MILD!!!"

"What? I'm just spitting the truth," Mild was beginning to laugh his ass off at this.

"It's not like that! You and I know that! In fact, I truly do hate it when he orders me around and acts like he's a mighty lord while I'm nothing but a cheap slave. But I, being the mature person I am, have to stay composed and just be patient and act like I'm the one that has him wrapped around my finger!" I proudly said, grinning devilishly from ear to ear.

"Sounds like you're trying to reassure yourself instead of me."

"Shut up!"

"Why don't you just get an actual boyfriend? I'm sure there are tons of guys crawling on your feet,"

"Easy for you to say, Mild."

"But that's a fact, isn't it?" I sighed at him, stirring my drink carelessly as I contemplate my answer,

"I... I don't even know what it feels like to be in love. H- Hell! I've never even gone on a date,"

"Never? Not even once?"

"I- I did get my first kiss... but no"

"How the hell did you manage to get your first kiss but not a date?"

"It's uh... just happen, I think. He- he liked me and he told me he hasn't had his first kiss yet and the next thing I knew, his lips were on mine. It was so awkward and just... eww. I don't even like him like that,"

"Sad..."

"I know,"

"But honestly Gulf, I think it's better if you break it off with him and just go find an actual boyfriend, I mean instead of being his pet for god knows how much longer, that sounds better I believe."

"That's because I wanna fell in love!" I accidentally yelled too loud.

"Woah, dude, chillax,"

"It's just... I've been friends with the gang since I first got into the school and every time they talked about their SO, they always look so happy and smiley and... beaming. I just... I just wanna feel that too, I'm 18 for fuck sake! I- I'm sure if I have a boyfriend I would be like that too,"

"Well then, find an actual boyfriend. Someone that could make you fall head over heels, someone that treats you right and not just like their pet,"

"But howww..."

"I don't know, dude. Maybe stop being so oblivious and actually open your eyes and check your surroundings."

"Wha- what do you mean?"

"Maybe he's actually in front of you, or beside you or wherever it is that's close to you, but you just don't realise it,"

"Are you... are you saying that you like me?"

"Eww, dude, that's like incest, you're my brother, geez!"

"O- oh..."

"Don't get it wrong, I love you, Gulf, but not in that way,"

"I know... I got it, it's fine,"

Open my eyes and look at my surroundings, right?
That sounds like a plan.