⋆Finney Blake⋆ //you're pretty cool//

(I know what the song means, I'm more of meaning how sweet it is at 3:04)

Y/n's pov:
I woke up this morning in a panic. I was late for school and I would stay home but my dad is off and I don't wanna get yelled at for skipping. I quickly grabbed a red t-shirt and grey sweatpants with a black hoodie. I was rushing against time, it'a currently 8:07 and school starts at 8:15. I rushed down the stairs quietly.

Fuck..

I saw my dad sitting on his recliner chair, he was asleep so that was good. I grabbed a fruit as something to eat and I tiptoed quickly to the door, quietly opening it and closing it. Once I was outside, I bolted to the school as fast as my legs could, I was running out of air but in the moment, it didn't matter. I saw the school as I was closing in on it, I saw a boy walking in.

"Hey, hold the door please!" I shouted. I came off louder than expected and saw him jump and turn around. Once I reached the door, I saw him look at me with concern.

"Are you okay?" He asked me. "Yeah- I'm fine, just running a bit late is all" I checked the time on the boys watch and saw it was 8:13. I felt relief come over me as I placed a smile on my face.

"Thank you for holding the door by the way, I'm sorry for shouting too loud, I didn't mean to." I said feeling my face drop. "Nah it's okay, I understand. I would do the same thing if it were me" He stopped and turned to me. "I'm Finney by the way." I slightly smiled. "I'm y/n."

"Pretty name, I gotta get to class though, I'll see you later." I didn't move for a minute and couldn't help but to crack a smile. For the first time in awhile, I felt happy talking to someone.

I already knew today was going to be a good day. I walked in my first class and was met with everyone standing in a line near the door. I was confused until the teacher spoke up.

"I am arranging a new seating chart, seems some of us can't be bothered to pay attention when they are with their friends." She glared at a group of boys who tried to hide smiles.

"I am going to call you off by your name, if you don't like your seat, well blame the boys in the back for this." I looked at the tables and saw they were in twos and I internally groaned.

She began calling off our names and pointing to the table she wanted us at. "Thomas and Olivia sit here, Donna and Hannah sit over there in the corner, Y/n and Finney, you two can sit in the table down the middle at the very back."

My head shot up to the teacher and looked around to the kids only to find the same boy I was speaking to not long ago looking right back at me with a small smile.

We both began moving to the seats we were assigned to. I was on the left and Finney was on the right. I began smiling again knowing I had someone I was friends with. I think friends with? I'm not completely sure.

"So I see we've met again huh?" He said nonchalantly. I simply nodded because if I were to speak, my voice would probably start cracking. "If I'm gonna be honest, I'm glad it's you I'm sitting with and not anyone else" he said said once the tension was cut. "I'm glad it's you too, it feels nice to not be sitting with people who expect me to do the stuff" I said drumming my fingers on the table.

He laughed a bit. "Okay class, I hope you enjoy where you are sitting. Now, to begin with the lesson, we are going to be doing a partner project on what we've learned already, it's due at the end of the period so get to work" She said clapping her hands as she went to go sit in her chair.

I heard numerous groans and whines and tried to bite my tongue not to laugh, causing me to make the mistake of looking at Finney who was holding his breath with air stuffed in his cheeks. (I hope that makes sense? 😭)

I immediately lost it and starting laughing, I was attempting to do it quietly which I succeeded doing. I saw him smile at me causing me to blush just a bit.

We began doing our project together, both of us chatting about what we were going to do it on and how we were going to do it.

(Time skip)

We were one of the first people to finish and we still had 10 minutes left of class so we turned our project in and just chatted quietly the rest of the time. We began getting to know each other better during the time, it was good to say I made a friend.

Once the bell had rang, we both gathered our stuff up and began walking out before he stopped me. "Y'know, you're pretty cool, we should hangout sometime if you want" he said as he began to fidget with his hands.

I noticed and grabbed his hands. "I'd love to, after school sound okay?" I asked acting like I wasn't happy inside. "Yeah sure, that sounds good" he said smiling.

"Okay great, I'll see you after school then Finney" I waved bye as I began walking to my next class and smiling as big as ever.

                                                             965 words