⋈ Robin Arellano ⋈ //mental health//

It was the end of the day and finally Friday. I was walking down the hallway putting on the best smile I could. I haven't felt like myself here lately and it's been getting progressively harder for me.

I walked past Robin who gave me a big smile. I gave a small one back since it was all I could form. I feel drained.

I walked out of the building putting my earbuds in that were connected to my Walkman and just walked home.

                                      ——

I made it home and went up to my room. I didn't even bother putting up my backpack or Walkman up and just threw it on my bed. I went straight to my bathroom to lessen the noise in the house. My mom is cooking dinner downstairs so I didn't want to be too loud.

I looked in the mirror at myself and felt like I didn't know the person I was looking at. It didn't feel like me, I finally let it out as I sat down in the corner near the shower. I curled my knees up to my chest as I cried.

About 10 minutes later, I then heard knocking on the door. I quickly stood up and wiped the tears off while forming a smile. "Come in!" I said moving in front of my mirror.

Robin walked in with a wide smile that dropped a bit once he saw my eyes. "You dropped your necklace at school and I was coming here to give it back, is everything okay?" He asked handing the necklace to me.

I nodded my head. "Everything's all good, thank you for giving me my necklace back" I replied.

He hesitated for a second before speaking. "Y/n, you've been crying. I can see your eyes are puffy and red, please tell me what's wrong?" He looked at me while holding my hands in his rubbing his thumb back and forth on them.

"I just had a bad day is all" I spoke looking him in the eyes. His eyebrows rose up and his expression softened. "I'm not going to force you to talk about it, do you need me to stay here with you?" He asked.

I nodded my head feeling tears begin to form. I was hoping he didn't notice but he's got a keen eye and he immediately grabbed me wrapping me in a hug. "You can cry if you need to, I will not judge you I promise" He spoke softly.

That felt like my last breaking point and I began crying right there on his shoulder. He didn't say anything. He just let me cry and rubbed circles on my back while rocking me. I finally stopped when I had no more tears left. He didn't let me go until I was ready to let go. Once I pulled away, everything poured out of my mouth.

"I haven't felt like myself and I don't even see the person everyone else sees, I just see someone I'm disappointed in and disgusted with. It's like it's a constant battle with myself and I don't even know what to do" I explained as I went and sat on the sink counter. He moved closer in front of me.

He listened to me closely as I explained and I felt like I was safe with him. Once I stopped talking. He didn't say anything for a moment allowing me to continue if I needed before speaking.

"I need you to understand that you're the most beautiful, amazing person I know. I understand that this stuff is tough, it's shitty and I hate that you have to go through this but I'm always going to be here.." He paused taking my hands in his.

"..I'm not going anywhere and if you ever need me, come get me, I don't care what I'm doing, I'll stop for you. You're one of the most important people to me. I know it's going to be hard but I'm with you every step of the way" I noticed he'd often gently squeeze them to let me know he means it.

He stopped talking and began to scan my face. He wasn't sure if he had said the right things or not and he was terrified it came off wrong.

When I smiled a genuine smile. His eyes lit up and he formed a toothy smile. I couldn't have asked for a better best friend. I don't deserve him but I am so glad he's a part of my life..
————————————————————

I'm sorry if this is badddd, but if anyone ever needs anything or anyone to talk to. I'm always going to be here. I'm here for everyone. ❤️

I'm posting another chapter after this one because I've written all day and I've got like 6 drafts done.