𓂅 Bruce Yamada 𓂅 //vending machine//

One thing I hate about my school is the vending machine. Don't get me wrong, I love vending machines but the one at my school I will forever dislike because it never gives you the snack or drink out of it.
———

Today I was in a study period in the library. I felt really hungry and lunch already passed since it's last block and I didn't eat lunch. My mind ended up thinking about the vending machine down the hall.

I furrowed my eyebrows at the thought and decided to just stay put and continue reading my book. I was doing well until my stomach loudly gurgled causing a few heads to turn my way. In that moment due to embarrassment and a bit of hunger, I decided to just go get something in hopes that it'll give me the snack.

I stood up and quickly made my way out of the library towards the machine. I swear I can hear it laughing at me as I'm about to waste a good dollar on it.

I stopped in front of it checking out what was inside and decided to just get a small bag of chips. I inhaled a breath and inserted the dollar into the stupid machine and pushed D4 silently hoping to myself that it would drop out.

I watched as the metal wire keeping it in there turned a bit almost allowing the snack to come out when it just stopped with a little bit of the wire still preventing it from coming out. I glared at the vending machine hoping that would do something.

"You need some help?" I heard a voice behind me ask. I turned around to see a beautiful boy with slick black hair standing there with a smile.

"Yes actually, if you can get D4 out, I swear I'll love you forever" I laughed jokingly. He rose an eyebrow laughing before walking over and I'm guessing bumping a part of the machine in the back causing the chips I wanted and a couple other things to fall out of it.

My eyes widened as I looked at the boy who walked in front of me with a smile. "Now what was that about you loving me forever?" He joked reaching under pulling out the many snacks that came out and handed them to me.

I had my mouth wide open as I stared at him. "I don't think I'm joking anymore, how did you do that?" I asked looking at the vending machine I so dearly hate.

He carefully wrapped his arm around my shoulder bringing me to the back of the machine. "You see this little button here?" He asked taking his arm off pointing at a small black button. I nodded keeping my eyes on it.

"Since this vending machine is old, some of the parts don't work as good as it used to so this button helps reset it so anything someone buys gets pushed out" he spoke as he backed away from it. I turned around to face him with a smile on my face. "Thank you"

"It's no problem. I'm Bruce by the way" He spoke softly while keeping eye contact. "I'm Y/N. Are you doing anything this block?" I asked him secretly hoping he wasn't in a maths class or something.

He shook his head. "Actually I'm in study period, I was in the library and saw you walking out and figured you probably went to the machine and it seemed like a good way to stir a conversation with you so I came out here" he spoke rubbing the back of his neck.

I felt my cheeks heat up from his confession statement. "You could have always sat with me and started a conversation, I wouldn't have bit I swear" I chuckled.

He kept a smile on his face while we walked down to the library together talking and laughing. And that's how I met my best friend..
———————————————————

Here's another chapter, y'all can decide if you want a part two to this where y'all become more than friends or something. It's completely up to you guys.