ꔛ Vance Hopper ꔛ //grab n go//

Today was like any other bland boring day, the sky was cloudy and I knew it was going to rain. I loved the rain but god I hated people. I have to live in a town full of dipshits.

I decided to get dressed and go walk to the grab n go, I loved that place as I go there a lot. I left my house and began walking to it as I felt the small breeze blowing around me and the smell of the air when it's about to rain.

It feels nice, I felt like nothing could ruin my mood. I wasn't going to let anyone ruin my mood. I looked forward to see it coming closer with every step I take towards it. It wasn't a very far walk as I live sort of close to it.

I walked in with the bell ringing to let the cashier know I'm in here, she looked at me and nodded. We never speak but I see her in here all the time so she pretty much knows my face like the back of her hand even though I barely speak.

I made my way towards the back to find a drink, I glanced over to my right to see Vance sitting in front of the pinball machine that was a few feet away from me, I shook my head and began grabbing my drink when I was abruptly shoved into the said pinball machine causing me to fall over.

I quickly stood up fuming as I looked at two boys who looked at me laughing.

"YOU MESSED UP MY FUCKING GAME" I heard Vance say. He was looking at the two boys but I knew he was sort of aiming it at me since I was the one who rammed into his game. The brunette boy scoffed and began making his way towards him, I was honestly intrigued on what was gonna happen but before I knew it, I watched a fight break out.

Once he had the boy knocked on the ground, the other decided to make an attempt to get him with a knife..? I continued watching as I backed up towards the glass to get away from the area so I didn't get punched either.

He was honestly kinda good at fighting. He finally got them down and grabbed the dudes knife and began carving some numbers in his arm.

I was shocked and kinda impressed until he turned around to look at me. "I know you didn't mean to ram into it so consider what you saw a warning for next time." He said furrowing his eyebrows and walking out of the grab n go.

I wasn't scared, I cracked a smile actually. It felt nice to have at least someone else here who had a brain and didn't tolerate shit.

I quickly switched out my drink as it was broken and the glass shattered, and went into the candy aisle, I decided to grab some extra and another drink along with some first aid stuff since I was finally going to talk to him.

I walked up to the register and paid when she suddenly said. "Normally anyone who touches his game gets their head almost bashed in, you must be lucky."

I scoffed and slightly smirked. "I know."

I watched her mouth slightly drop as I've never said one word to her. My day was honestly getting better and better.

I walked out and looked both ways to try and see if I could find him, I began walking and I saw him sitting behind the building. I took a breath in and out and walked up to him.

I watched him move his gaze up at me but he didn't say anything. I pulled up a box flipping it over so I could sit down on it.

"Give me your hands" I said firmly. He looked at me like I just killed someone. "Why?" He asked. "I'm gonna clean them up, I don't know if you've noticed or not but they are bleeding, and I've already got the shit so just give me your hands" I said reaching in the bag to grab out the stuff.

He hesitated but gave me one of them still looking rather pissed off. I set his first hand on my leg and began cleaning it up, he flinched just a bit but remained quiet. I began wrapping his first up since it was just his knuckles and moved onto the next hand.

I felt his eyes on my hands, watching me clean and fix but I didn't care. I began cleaning his second hand since it was much worse. I watched him look up at me. I quietly said finishing up his hand then setting it down on my leg to clean everything up.

It was too silent. "You know, you aren't half bad, everyone else here seems to annoy me but you." I finally said. "Oh really?" He said as I handed him his stuff.

"Yeah, I mean don't get me wrong, you can be an asshole sometimes but I do like you more than anyone else in this stupid town" I said without a thought. I looked up at him smirking at me. "Ohhhh?" He said extending his wording with his lips turning into a smirk.

I just shake my head and start laughing. "You're a dumbass" I said playfully rolling my eyes. He just shakes his head and smiles "come on, I'm gonna walk you home." At that point, I was internally screaming, all I could do was stand up and nod my head.

We began walking and I felt little droplets hit my arm. My face began lining up with a smile, it was here. I looked over at Vance who was already looking at me. Before we knew it, it was pouring rain. Vance hid under an umbrella thing over a shop and I stayed out where the rain could touch me. I debated whether or not I wanted to piss him off or not.

I decided fuck it, you only live once and I kicked water all over on Vance. The way his face dropped was hilarious and I began taking off as quick as I could giggling like a little girl. It was so funny and I heard running footsteps after me and I knew I had to run faster or else I was in for it. I ran all the way to the park, but with just my luck..

I tripped over a rock and went flying and fell on my face.

I heard raging laughter behind me, when I got up and turned my head around, I saw a soaking wet Vance laughing loudly while he pointed at me. I was covered in mud and dirt and soon I began laughing. It was embarrassing but at that point nothing else mattered.

Once he was done with his laughter fit, he walked over to me still often letting a giggle out and he hugged me. I was shocked for a few seconds before I hugged him back. Never in my entire life would I have thought I'd be hugging THE pinball Vance Hopper. "You aren't half bad" He said once we let go.

Ah life is great.. :)

                                                            1209 words