ꔛ Vance Hopper ꔛ //new year//

A yawn escaped my lips as I patiently waited for the clock to strike midnight. I glared at the clock in front of me wishing that time would go by like a breeze, unfortunately it doesn't work that way.

It was 9:42 at night and I was yawning, both out of boredom and exhaustion. I hadn't gotten that much sleep and now I guess I was paying for it.

I stood up from the couch that I was just recently sitting on comfortably, I figured I would just wait outside.

As soon as I sat down on the porch, I saw someone walking down the street towards me. At first it startled me since I didn't know who was making their way to me but as the figure got closer, I made it out that it was Vance.

Once he was close enough, he sat down next to me. He didn't say anything, just stayed quiet for a moment.

"Can I ask a question?" He finally spoke keeping his gaze down on the grass.

"Yeah sure, everything okay?" I asked him turning my head. I noticed he kept focusing on the things in front of him.

"Yeah, I was going to ask if you would come with me to the Carnival event that's happening for New Years? I don't wanna go alone and I want you to be there" He asked looking up at me.

I nodded and smiled. He planted a small smile on his face and looked back out. "You wanna go right now?" He asked.

"Sure, give me one moment to go get my shoes and we can go" I spoke standing up heading to the door. I turned around to see him still sitting. "Vance just come inside, it's cold out here"

He turned around with a smile as he stood up and walked inside behind me. I quickly ran upstairs and changed so I wasn't leaving him out there for too long.

I ran downstairs while Vance's eyes widened. "You change fast, wow" He said laughing. "Didn't wanna leave you hanging, anyways let's go" I said putting my hoodie on.

He stood up and followed me outside. "Where's it at?" I asked looking at him with a smile. "Here, come on" He ushered me to follow.

We began walking, it was silent for awhile. I felt myself subtly admiring him. From his beautiful blonde curly hair to just him. I don't know why I've got feelings but I do.

I looked back up at the moon that shone down light so we could see when I felt him interlocking our fingers together. I felt my heart freeze and flutter at the same time. I scooted a bit closer with a smile on my face.

We made it to the Carnival shortly after. All the beautiful lights shining everywhere and the colors moving around on the Ferris wheel.

I have to say, this is a lot better than sitting at home doing nothing. I'm glad he asked me to come with him.

Speaking of Vance, I glanced over at him to see him looking down at our hands that remained together.

"Where do you wanna go first?" I asked causing him to look up. "Um, it doesn't really matter to me, it's wherever you want to go"

I smirked and led him into the crowded area towards all the games and rides.

We've spent a good few hours here, it's now 11:55 and we are on the Ferris Wheel. We've gone a couple rounds till the ride decided to shut down with us at the top. I don't know if it's a coincidence but I'm happy I get to spend New Years with Vance.

"Hey Y/N?" He spoke maintaining good eye contact with me. "Yeah?" I asked not sure what to do in the moment as I kept feeling my heart flutter.

"Can I kiss you when it's time?" He boldly asked with no hesitation. My body went through a shockwave. I was speechless. "Yes, yes you can" I spoke with a fat smile on my face.

He smirked and looked down. I don't know how he looked down without feeling like he's falling but I have a terrible fear of heights.

The crowd began screaming the countdown from 10 as I immediately felt nervous but more excited than anything. Vance took notice of this really quick. "You okay doll?" He asked moving to the seat in front of me. "Yeah I'm okay" I spoke before I was interrupted.

5..

4..

3..

He grabbed my chin bringing me closer to him.

2..

1..

Our lips met causing a euphoric feeling to shoot through me. I felt him smile into it.

Once we pulled apart, he still had a smile stuck to his face. "You're not a bad kisser, I will say" He lightly laughed moving back next to me wrapping his arm around my shoulder. All I could do was smile as I rested my head on his shoulder.

Soon the ride started creaking and we were moving again. We got out and started making our way out of the Carnival.

Who knew I'd fall in love with Vance Hopper..
———————————————————

I'm so sorry this is late, it took me a bit to make but here it is loves :)

I still take request and I would absolutely love for anyone to request stuff.