ꔛ Vance Hopper ꔛ //heavenly//

I've spent all day thinking to myself about Vance. For some reason I can't get him off of my mind no matter how hard I try, everything brings me back to him and his blonde curly hair, and beautiful blue eyes.

I found myself walking down the street towards the Grab n go, I didn't even realize I was heading towards there. I kind of went on autopilot. Seeing the grab n go brought me to the final decision. I have to confess to him today..

I walked inside not looking at the pinball machine just yet and walked down the aisles grabbing stuff to give to him when I confess, including flowers. I smiled a bit before feeling the smile slightly drop.

I've known him almost my entire life since he threatened to beat the living shit out of some kids who were picking on me, and thinking of that moment right then, I was more terrified than ever how he was going to react.

I scrounged up just enough money that I had in my pocket and went to the front and paid for my things. On the way out, I turned my head to look at the pinball machine not seeing Vance there.

I know where he is at, I just had a moment to myself not seeing him at the pinball machine like he always is, it felt off. I felt like I could hear his voice near me.

I tightened my grasp on the bag that was in my hand and made my way home. I had to grab a blanket for us that I had gotten before just for him, I was mentally preparing myself for this. I didn't know how exactly he was going to react.

I kept thinking of the many possibilities that could happen when I finally tell him how I feel. That I've been in love with him since he decided to stand up for me that one day. I've been holding onto these feelings forever and it was time to let them out. It feels like it's too late though.

I made my way up my doorstep quickly running inside and grabbing my sky blue blanket that I got. It reminded me of Vance so I decided I would get it. Almost everything around reminds me of Vance giving me the butterfly feeling.

I made my way towards the park since that's where he is at right now. I put on the best smile I could form while I felt my heart do rapid patters as I was getting closer and closer to him.

I walked a bit faster wanting to just see him already. I took a shortcut through the gates to the park and made my in. I stopped for a second and looked around until I finally spotted him.

I put on a smile and walked over setting the blanket down carefully as not to mess it up. I wanted him to see the beautiful blue. I sat on one of the corners and began digging through the bag that I had set down in front of me.

I got a coke bottle since Vance loves those especially while he's attempting to beat his score and some of his favorite snacks. Once I had everything all set out, I looked up at him with a smile.

"I came here to confess something, I know I should have done it before but I was too scared to do it. And now felt like the right time to even though it's a bit late. I fell in love with you the day you stood up for me that one day on the playground with those two little boys. We were only 6 or 7 and you treated me like I was your possession. I'm still deeply in love with you and I couldn't think of a better way to tell you how I feel.." I spoke feeling my eyes begin tearing up.

I looked away for a second to wipe my eyes as I tried forming the best smile I could. I looked at him feeling angry at myself for not doing it sooner.

"I need to clean your gravestone soon, it's getting harder to see your name on it. I love you and miss you so so much Vance and I'm so sorry I didn't tell you sooner or protect you like you had protected me" I finally let it out. I felt my hands begin to shake. As my cries were getting harder to keep quiet.

Little did I know, Vance was sitting on the other end of the blanket with tears in his eyes. He looked at the blanket to see the stuff I got for him with a small smile.

"I love you too. And I miss you just as much." He spoke wiping a tear that fell off his cheek as he reached out to try and touch the flowers I had picked up for him frowning when he couldn't. He couldn't do anything but watch me as I fell apart right there in front of him.

I looked up at the stone with bloodshot eyes as I couldn't help but sniffle. I must have stayed there for awhile as the sun began to set.

I stood up folding the blanket into a roll sticking all his items in the pockets I created and picking them up while shoving the bag in my pocket. I held the flowers in my other hands as more tears made their way down my face. I stuck the flower bunch in an area next to his grave.

I looked at the blanket filled with things and set it on the other side of it still showing his name. I reached into my hoodie pulling out a photo of us when we were younger and set it down. We had the biggest smiles on our faces and now his is gone.

I began walking away but turned around to see him one last time before heading home.

Goodbye Vance..
———————————————————

I'm sorry for this one guys. I promise I'll make another one of Vance that isn't sad. 😭 i don't know why I thought this was a good idea to write but if I made y'all cry, I will send you a handwritten apology letter.