𓂅 Bruce Yamada 𓂅 //the rooftop//

TW: This story will have mention of abu5e and
su!c!de in it
——————————————————————

Bruce's POV:
There was a girl and her father who had moved in next door. It was currently night time. I was scrolling on my phone when I heard faint yelling.

I got up off my bed and walked over to the window and looked over at her house to see her and her father yelling at each other.

"I'm mentally exhausted, dad. Could you for once not blame me for her passing?" She shouted as she slammed the door, which I assumed was her bedroom door.

I watched the house for a bit when I noticed her climbing out of her window and onto her roof. She sat there with her head in her arms.

"I'm gonna keep my eye on you" I said in my head, hoping she was okay. I debated with myself in my head whether or not I should wait before deciding to just go check on her.

I slowly crawled out of window trying to make less noise as possible. I should have put shoes on but it was an in the moment decision. And she looks hurt and I don't wanna just leave her.

I ran quietly and quickly into her yard. I noticed the only light on was her room light, I was guessing her dads asleep.

I found a ladder on the side of her house. I was going to go ahead and climb up but I wanted to give her warning so I don't scare her.

"You okay up there?" I spoke calmly not to make her jump. She seemed startled someone was talking to her but looked down with a smile.

"I'm okay, just needed to get some air" She said with the most beautiful voice I've ever heard. "You mind if I come up?" I asked keeping my head up.

"Not at all, there's a ladder on the side, use that to come up" She spoke quietly. I smiled walking over to the ladder.

I cautiously climbed up the ladder making my way to her. Reaching the top, I climbed up and crawled over to her sitting down in the spot that was next to her.

I'm Bruce by the way." I spoke introducing myself. "I'm Y/N" She said with a small smile that quickly fell the moment she stopped speaking.

"I saw mostly what happened, are you alright?" I asked her. I shouldn't have been so blunt with it. I noticed her glance over at me.

"My dad and I got into an argument because of my mom. She took her life a month ago and he's blamed me for it ever since, and he wanted to move to do a restart but it seems his day isn't complete unless he's yelling at me or hitting me over her. I really miss her." She spoke voice quiet trying to fight crying again.

Her eyes began watering again and I felt myself pull her to me hugging her. She seemed shocked but quickly hugged me back. We fell into a deep silence as the moon seemed to get brighter and we could hear the crickets get louder.

After a good moment, she's spoke. "I really needed that, thank you" She began pulling away to sit up. "It's no problem, are you okay to go down now?" I asked as I became more aware of the sleepiness that was trying to consume her.

She nodded her head. "Can I stay with you? I know we just met not too long ago but I don't wanna go back in this house right now" She said speaking softly.

I looked at her with a small smile and nodded. I watched as her face grew a smile as she began to climb down.

                                    ——

We entered my room through my window shutting it after. She began looking around with a smile. "You can sleep in my bed, I don't mind" I spoke walking to my closet.

"What are you doing?" She asked focusing her tired eyes on me. "I'm grabbing another blanket?" I replied smiling. "I mean unless you don't want to share the bed" I slightly laughed.

"Nonono, we can share the bed. I was just curious because I didn't want you to sleep on the floor" She quickly spoke.

I made my way over bringing a second blanket to lay on top of the one that was currently on my bed. I set it down putting each corner of the blanket in a certain corner of the bed.

Once I made the bed, she immediately crawled in scooting over. I turned off the lights making my way back over to the bed looking at how peaceful she looked compared to how hurt she looked before. I didn't like seeing how hurt she was.

I was happy I made her feel a bit better. I was hoping I made her feel better, I'm not sure now that I think about it. I slowly got in, covering myself as I felt her wrap her arm around my torso and lay close.

I took a second to process where she was as I couldn't see and wrapped my arm around her shoulder keeping her close. I felt myself drift off to sleep not too long after..
                                                              884 words
————————————————————

I don't know why this one came as it is but I felt most people should feel safe with things no matter what so I'm trying to make the characters help the best I can. If anyone has anymore requests, let me know :)