𓂅 Bruce Yamada 𓂅 //treehouse//

Im getting my septum pierced today!! Annndddd both Tristan and Brady noticed a video I made on my tiktok page annndddd I was followed by Becca, my heart feels so full rn :)) (I'm not flexing to make anyone jealous)
~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

You had met Bruce when you first moved to Denver at 8 years old. You two clicked the moment you stepped foot on the sidewalk pavement.

Bruce was living in the house next door and was joyful to see someone his age and ran to go meet you.

As you two were getting closer, you had decided to build a treehouse in your backyard for the two of you to hangout in. You wanted it to be something for Bruce so you decided to surprise him by making it.

It took about 2 months to finally finish and you had some help with building it but you finally got it completed.

Excited to show Bruce, you ran to his house next door and knocked on it waiting patiently for someone to answer the door. Luckily, Bruce had answered it lighting up when he saw you.

"I have something to show you, come on" You eagerly grabbed his hand in yours and ran to your backyard where the treehouse stood tall in the tree.

"I made us a treehouse so we have somewhere to hangout and be loud as we want" You spoke with a big smile plastered on your face.

You two wasted no time climbing inside. It was in need of decorating but that wasn't a problem at all.

"Bruce?" You asked as he turned around to face you. "Yeah?" He asked softly smiling at you.

"Pinky promise me we will be best friends forever no matter what" You spoke holding out your pinky for him.

He grinned and interlocked his pinky with yours as you both giggled like nobody's business.

——

(7 years later)

Walking down the street of your neighborhood, you glanced at your backyard seeing the treehouse that hasn't been used in awhile. You and Bruce aren't as close as you used to be.

He distanced himself from you the beginning of the school year. It's much harder for you to avoid him as you live next door to him and you developed feelings for him even before he just ditched you.

As you glanced at the treehouse, you noticed movement in there. Curiosity flowing through you, you decided to investigate hoping that it was Bruce.

Making your way inside to drop your bag off on your bed. You finally walked out back towards the treehouse, you were confused why anyone would be in there. Bruce won't speak to you and it's in your secluded backyard.

You stopped at the steps that go up the tree mentally preparing yourself to see who was inside. Taking one last breath, you made your way up slowly pushing the door up and crawling in.

You looked around and eventually saw Bruce sitting on a beanbag chair in there with a pencil on his ear and earbuds in.

You froze as soon as you laid eyes on him, your heart hurt but pounded at the sight of him. You wanted nothing more than to be held in his arms but you knew he wouldn't.

You finally had enough and shut the door loudly getting his attention. He turned around making eye contact with you. His face seemed to lit up then drop immediately. He took his earbuds out and stood up.

"Why are you here?" You asked with venom in your voice. He opened his mouth but nothing came out.

He walked closer to me as I took a step back. "No, I want you to know why you are here and why you think it's okay to just come inside like you haven't avoided me for 7 fucking months" You shouted tears welling up in your eyes.

You wiped them away angrily not wanting to cry. You felt like a jerk for yelling at him but you also hated him for what he did. He had no reasoning.

He sighed and looked down at his feet then back up at you. "Can you please sit down so I can explain myself?" He asked sounding like he was fixing to cry.

You walked over to one of the beanbags and sat down in it. He walked over and sat in the one in front of you.

"I'm so sorry.. I know what I did was an asshole move of me. If you still hate me after all of this, I'll understand and I won't come back again. I know it's not going to sound like a good enough reasoning but um.." He began as tears fell from his eyes.

Your heart hurt seeing him like this and you sincerely wanted to hug him but you were so angry. You still grabbed one of his hands as a slight comfort.

"I love you, and I felt like that ruined everything. That I was becoming more possessive over you and I didn't want anyone getting you and it was like I wanted you only to myself and that was selfish. I avoided you to try and get rid of those feelings but I can't. And I hate that you're mad at me and I don't know if I can fix this, but if I can. I want to" He continued maintaining eye contact and occasionally looking around the walls.

You remained quiet processing everything he had said. He loved you back..

"Why wouldn't you just tell me? It wouldn't have ruined anything. We made the promise and that included it. I don't know why you decided to just ditch me like that. It really hurt" I whispered as I lightly squeezed his hand.

"I don't know, I shouldn't have ditched and I am so so sorry" He replied keeping his eyes on my hands.

You just nodded your head slowly. "So you love me back huh?" You hiccuped out. His eyes directed themselves to you.

He nodded his head. You smiled for the first time in awhile. "You're a dumbass and an asshole but just don't do that ever again, I'm not kidding" You spoke in a serious tone. He smiled and wiped his eyes. "I won't I promise"

You looked at him admiringly. Your heart felt full again having him back. Reaching over, you placed one hand on his cheek rubbing it with your thumb while the other still remained in his.

"Ah fuck it" You spoke out loud crawling over into his lap and leaning over placing your lips on his. You felt him tense up but soon kiss back. Butterflies felt as if they were erupting in your stomach, you couldn't believe it was finally happening.

Pulling away, you noticed his face was a deep shade of red while a big smile was plastered on him. You scanned his face seeing if it was the right thing to do.

He smirked grabbing your chin bringing you back closer as your lips touched again, this one being more sweet and having more love poured into it. You smiled into it making it a bit harder before you both let go.

He rested his hands on your hips drawing circles into them. You rested your head on his shoulder still in shock from it actually happening.

Feeling his arms wrap around your torso, you knew it was going to be alright. Things were difficult but you were happy to have him back. And even happier to finally happy to have him as yours.

I'm so glad I peeked at the treehouse..
————————————————————