CHAPTER 23

Liam POV:

Until she disappeared from view, I followed her with my eyes. My heart squeezed when I noticed she was leaving without saying anything, realising nothing had changed. I was thrilled and excited the next morning, assuming that she had acknowledged her affections for me, but nothing changed. I was mistaken since nothing has changed; she simply leaves like she always does. The excitement I had gradually faded away due to her ignorance.

I wasn't supposed to be here today, but I couldn't sleep last night since everything she said kept popping into my head. Last night, whenever I tried to go to sleep, I was greeted with pictures of her face and voice that made me thrilled and happy. So as soon as I got up, I came here and cancelled all of my plans for the day since seeing her was the only thing that mattered. However, everything was just not..... okay

I sighed in exasperation and leaned back against the seat, closing my eyes. Unknown amount of time later, my mobile phone rang. I turned my attention to it and picked up the phone as Lucas' name wa flashing on screen.

"Hello"

"Hey I heard you came back and was thinking about meeting you in office but I heard that you won't come here today. Everything alright?" Lucas questioned back to back.

"Yah, everything is alright." I responded trying to not let him know my emotional turmoil.

"What happened?" came his immediate questioned. We three brothers are closed knit so he can identify something amiss just by hearing my voice.

Nothing. It simply. I don't know how often I've expressed my sorrow to my brother over Ashley, so I'm not sure what to say.

He remained silent while he waited for me to talk about what was upsetting me. I told him everything I did, as well as Ashley's response.

Why are you just losing motivation on the first step?

Huh..

"I mean, your plan worked, despite the fact that she expressed her emotions aloud while intoxicated. She will express her emotions in front of you if you continue to trigger her.

"But how is she was ignoring me again?" I inquired

The simple first approach involved ignoring her, which only partially succeeded; however, the second plan we're doing is certainly

The simple first approach, ignoring her, only partially succeeded, but the second plan we're using will unquestionably succeed.

I asked, getting cranky, "And that is..."

"Jealousy."

You will make her jealous also you'll keep ignoring her as you always have. Lucas disclosed his scheme.

Hearing that I felt my blood pump and was all ready to start that. After our planning I got out of the car and from there our plan was in action. I didn't include Frank in these as I didn't want to have any kind of messed up there. I went upstairs and went to Frank's office.

When the secretary opened the door for me, Frank exclaimed, "Hey, when did you come back?" as soon as he spotted me.

I said, "Last night." I replied and gave him a hug.

"How are you doing, champ?" I inquired

"Doing fantastic. How are you doing?"

"Good. I am here to check on the progress regarding Anderson's project." I replied and quickly change the topic as I don't want to talk him about her at these moment.

"Oh okay. What would you like to see." Frank ask even though his face show confusion as I didn't ask anything about Ashley to him at all and directly talk about the work.

"Let go through it together." I asked showing no emotions on my face.

"Sure." Frank replies and calls his secretary to get all the files regarding Anderson. We discussed about the project seriously and when we done I said "Frank great work buddy. I really appreciate your hard work man."

"Ah..come on man it's work of all the employees involved in these project not just me."

These is what I wanted to hear so I immediately said "I would really like to meet all the members and personally thank them for there great work."

"Let go I will take you meet them." Frank spoke getting up from his seat.

"Yah." I spoke and we both walk towards room where the employees were as informed by his secretary. During that the rest of staff greeted both of us and we both nodded at them.

"Are you okay." Frank questions softly.

"Yah what would happen to me." I replied appearing normal but my heart was beating in excitement as well as fear as I don't know what kind of reaction I would be getting.

After reaching there Frank gave a formal intro of me and then I talk and congratulate them for their dedicated work. While I was talking I felt a constant state on me,I knew who that person was but my control myself and didn't looked in that direction at all.

I was really impressed with their work so I arranged a lunch for all the staff working over here as I rarely come to these office. As soon as I announced about the free lunch their was burst of excitement among them. The lunch arrived by the time we were done with our meeting.

While everyone was having lunch I looked for Ashley as everyone was busy with their food and no one was looking at me. After finding her I took a coffee and sat next to her table. Just as I took a sip of my coffee my phone pinged with the message

"I am at cafeteria, where are you ?"

I gave her my location and waited for her. As soon as I spotted her I called her loudly while getting up from my seat."Ele here"

She pounced on me as soon as she was near and I was really prepare for it.

"I miss you so much." She mumbled by tightening her arms around me.

"I miss you too." I laughed while tightening my arms as well. Just when I was about to push her back. She mumbled in my ears "Don't, can't you feel a burning cold stare at us. Let stay like these for a minute okay."

I follow her instructions and waited in anticipation. I could feel many people eyes on us but the most brutal and burning was coming from right side. I push Ele back thinking of the pain Ash must have felt. While Ele was asking me to control my face expression and emotions Frank came over. So I cleared my throat to stop her from talking and introduce her to him.

"Ele these is Frank ......." my best friend and business partner.

"And Frank meet Ele.. Eleanor Drakos. My best friend since childhood."

"Nice to meet you. Thank you for being there for these idiot while I was not there." Ele said to Frank.

" It's pleasure to meet you. And it's more like he was there for me otherwise I wouldn't be here." Frank replied genuinely his face showing gratefulness.

"Oh com on man." I said giving him fake punch on his shoulder.

"That's right one's my Liam is really a sweetheart. Once he let you in his life then you will be his family until death." Ele said leaning his head on my shoulder. I look at Frank and saw him giving me a questioning look but I ignored him as from the corner of my eye I looked towards Ashley table and saw her looking more like glaring at Ele who was happily leaning on my shoulder.