CHAPTER 37

Ashley POV:

"Ashley is that you ?" someone called me.

I turn around as I heard someone calling my name and found Mr Anderson smiling my way."

"It's you only I thought it could can be some other red hair. So I called you check." He towards me.

I smiled at him and asked
"How are you doing Mr Anderson?"

"You can call me George. We are not in office." He stated.

"Okay George so how come you are in hospital. Everything okay." I questioned.

He replied "Yah, it's just regular check up. What about you ?"

"My aunt is in surgery." I replied

"I hope you aunt will recover quickly." He said

"Thank you, do you want some coffee ?"

"No, I just finished mine. I was leaving but I saw you so I came to greet you."

"So How was your date night." He questioned smiling brightly.

"It was beautiful and Thank you for helping me." I genuinely thank him as he was really helpful during all of my planning. It was like he wasn't my client instead was my best friend who help me in every step for planning the proposal for me.

"Don't say that, remember what you and Liam are just like my children and there shouldn't thank you between you okay. Just stay safe and happy that's all I want." He said

"You are so sweet." I said while giving him hug. I felt safe his embrace and it wasn't weird at all as these was first time I was hugging him.

"Okay, I am leaving now as I have appointment. Take care of yourself and your aunt. Bye." He said breaking the embrace and went away quickly.

"Bye George. You take care yourself." I said feeling strange as why did he walk away so suddenly.

"Ma'am your coffee."

"Thank you." I took the coffee and went to our table and gave Liam.

"What took you so long?".Liam questioned.

"There was rush and also I met your uncle George." I replied

"His regular checkup." I continued seeing confusion on his face as what was his uncle doing in hospital.

"Oh Thank God." He took a breath of relief.

"Chill, now have your coffee." I said patting his hand. While taking the sip I remembered Faye talks so I asked

"Okay so tell me why had you promised to give treat to Faye."

He started coughing when he heard my question and I immediately rub his back trying to help him.

"Why did you ask that ?" He asked wiping his mouth with tissue paper.

"Because I want to know why." I said in duh tone as I felt he doesn't want to tell me.

"I love you." He said suddenly smiling my way.

"I love you too. Now tell me otherwise I am not talking to you ." I said looking away from him.

"Okay fine I will tell you. She help me." He explained everything until his accident. I was just shocked and felt little bit angry as he made me go through all of that. But then I realised that it wasn't his fault instead it was my luck that he didn't give up on me.

"Don't be angry, I didn't had any option that's why I all of that." He said holding my hand and looked at me nervously.

"It's okay and thank you for not giving up on me." I smiled keeping my hand on his.

"I won't leave." He promised. After having coffee we went to garden downstairs as mom told me to take care of him.

********************************

"Oh I wish to spend everyday like these." Liam mumbled as I layed my head on his shoulder while his arms were around me.

"I don't" I said and he looked towards me in shock.

"It's means I don't want to spend time with you at hospital. I want everyone in our family to be fit and fine." I explained immediately seeing the hurt in his eyes.

"Complete the sentence women." He grumble.

"Aww did you get scared that I will leave you." I teased pinching his cheeks.

"Offcourse I had done so much work to make you mine." He said

"I won't leave with you atleast not until my death."

"Don't talk about death in hospital." He said sternly.

"Fine I won't." I agree laying back in arms.

"Your mom is really scared" Liam said.

"Yah she is but trying not show it to anyone." I replied.

"But she is strong woman." Laim spoke.

"How can she not be as she has gone through so much." I mumbled.

She was hospitalized due to accident and  her so called husband at that time was in the arms of some other women. She had amnesia and had forgotten about everything but still took care of her daughter who was unknown to her. When....

"You have to speak..." Liam said softly as he doesn't want me to remember bad memories.

But I didn't hear him and carried on my talk "When she got her memory back she immediately went back to her husband as she wanted to give him good news as she was pregnant but everything was lost when she found him in arms of other women. She had miscarriage that time but she forgot everything about it and work hard to raise me. She hide her pain and stay happy for me.
So how can she not be strong?"

"God decided to have pity on her so he gave her sister my aunt, who were separated during childhood. So my aunt is everything to her. After me, aunt is only person for whom mom would die for." I continued.

"You mom remained strong that's why she raise you as strong person." He said comforting me and wiping away tear which had slip out of my eyes.

"That I am." I said smiling at him through teary eyes.

"Don't cry." He said softly and bringing me to his embrace. I layed in his findings solace while remembering back the days. We stayed like these until I got a call from Mark asking me to come up.

When I went there I saw everyone surrounding mom and her face was pale white. I immediately ran toward her
"Mom what's wrong?"