CHAPTER 2

Author POV:

Ashley came out of the office as she didn't wanted to talk with Liam. She immediately went to the washroom as Liam couldn't follow her there. She wash her face trying not remember Liam's concerned face. She is trying very hard to ignore her feelings for him and Liam behaviour like these is making it more difficult task.

She looked up in mirror and looked at her reflection thinking why was she such a unlucky person. The men's in her life has always been a useless and abandoned her. She was very unfortunate to come across a men like those.

Seeing the cold and arrogant CEO Lucas Harrington behaving like a teenager in love was just astonishing. Ashley have been seeing his behaviour like these since he got together with Bella her friend. It's been two year since they got together but they still behave as if it's a new love.
During her joining time he was the person who had made things hell for and now just... softie.

Ashley had thought that such kind of love only happens in movies as she her experience with love was pathetic and also her mother's.

Whatever happens with mom had made her belief that their no love in the world but seeing Lucas and Bella she felt it's was just her and her mother bad luck coming for across an asshole.

From my childhood she had never seen her parents in love with each other.

"Well, how would I see that, as my so-called father was never in picture. From childhood till now I had never seen my father and I had only my mom with me." She mocked herself

It's pains her to see her mother still can't get over the infact that she was betrayed also her loosing a baby. So Ashley make sure to never talk about the things realated to him at all. Ashley mother had remained strong for just so she will try to do the fir her mother as that incident at farewell party, Ashley started hating men species as well.

But her views changed when she saw Harrington's men loving their better half like their no tomorrow. After taking deep breath multiple times she walked out, while walking towards her office she saw Leon whispering in Juliet ears while she was making him coffee. Seeing them like these I smiled as whenever I asked her about their relationship she always denies and anyone who would see them will assume they are couple.

Somewhere my heart pained seeing them as whenever she goes she finds people in love and it pains her as she knew even if she tries to her heart would be broken just like always. Also her trust issues are problem for most of the people.

Ashley can't help it as since her birth I have come across men who only knows how to use, and throw the girl out of there life. But now seeing Lucas in love with Bella like crazy and mostly the care and love he showed towards Bella had made her feel
think that she was the unlucky one to come across assholes who only knows how to cheat and not care for others.

Since she had joined the company Harrington men only showed how they took care of their loved ones. First it was only the Senior Harrington i.e Andrew Harrington who used to behave like crazy whenever his wife would come in office. And now Lucas has joined his father and behaves like child when he sees Bella. Leon also has eyes on Juliet but won't accept it. And last ones is Liam whose thoughts had made me kept awake in nights.

His blue eyes keep me frozen on my place most of the times and his strong build with dark hair makes him look like a Greek God. His looks always take Ashley breath away and she looses her focus on things whenever is around her vicinity. He has hard and muscular body which add more points to his score.

Ashley was lost in her thoughts of Liam when smell the familiar cologne and her breath hitched when I realized who it was. She turn around quickly as his breath near her neck but when she saw Mr. Muscular standing very close looking handsome she got lost into his intense blue eyes. She felt her face feeling hot because of his continuous staring.

After few minutes she came out of her shock and immediately moved away from him making a space between them and showing him expressionless face while he continued to stare at me. As soon as Ashley looked up after making herself proper and saw him looking at her, body shiver like always and she mentally cursed herself as since Bella's wedding whenever she looked at him her body would start behaving weird like it will shiver, my heartbeat will increase and what not.

Ashley knew what was happening to her as whenever Liam was in vicinity but she was trying to ignore it as that was not good for him and herself if they involved too much.

Thus, she has been behaving arrogantly against him since day one as she knew on the first day of her work that he was going to troublemaker for her as he was challenging everything which Ashley had promised herself to not to do. He makes her go crazy and doubt everything.

Thus Ashley only talk to him when it was work related which Laim understood so he started coming to her with numerous work related reason since he knew she won't entertain him if it's not related to work.

Nowadays she don't know why but she finds him near her always. Like in during lunchtime, he goes to restaurant which Ashley usually go with Juliet. He will call her in his office for stupid reasons. He will try to drop her home whenever I am working late and list goes on.

Ashley was snapped out of her thoughts when she felt tapped on her shoulder which brought her back from her thoughts. She looked at him who was looking at me with concern and that looked Ashley cursed herself internally as she doesn't like anyone seeing her weak side specially not him as he affects her alot.

He asked " Ahm...... Ashley you alright?"

His blue eyes which held worry had Ashley's heart thumped, she was too hypnotized with his blue eyes to answer his question. However, after a minute she again felt jolt of electricity pass through her body when his hand touches her forehead.

She snapped out of her daze and quickly push his hands away and took a step back from him as his closeness was affecting her thinking.

She said " I.... am alright, it's just a little bit of headache, excuse me."

Saying that Ashley literally ran away from Liam as she thought of never letting these happened again. While Liam stood at his spot looking at the direction she went in concerned. He hope whatever was bothering Ashley would go away and make her happy.

I don't know how much painful it will be if something happens like last time. If I let Liam in and later on something happens then not only, I will lose love but family I have here. During high school I never had friends so its okay leave and never look back but this time I have friends who have become an important part of my life and I can't leave them. So, it's better not involved myself into this and be the ice queen that everyone called me.