CHAPTER 4

Ashley POV:

Until he left the room, I watched him with my gaze. I knew he was angry when I heard the door bang so loudly, but I couldn't help it. I must learn to regulate my emotions or else they will lead to pain that I don't ever want to experience again. My mother was so broken by the suffering she endured that she hasn't fully recovered. She is single and lives in Aspen; when I ask her to go on dates, she promptly declines. She feels sad when she observes Mr. & Mrs. Grayson's love for one another and their peaceful town life. I can see it in her eyes.

She never lets anyone know how broken she truly is within. She has taught me that although life might be harsh at times, you must push through it all to have a happy life. And I'm going to carry out that plan. I can't invite Liam into my life, knowing that everything will eventually fall apart. I can't endure that suffering once more.

So certainly, I shall act in this manner toward him in hopes that he will become upset and leave me alone, like he did just now. I paid the money and left because I wasn't in the mood to stay. I decided to go for a stroll to get some fresh air and to unwind before heading to the office because I hadn't finished my lunch and had some free time. When I arrived at work, I was informed that Liam would not be returning. I mentally give thanks to my fortunate star since I was too mentally and emotionally worn out to confront him at this time.

I answered my friend's text that had been sent to me while I was with Liam.

"Are you coming this evening?" Faye Reagan my friend asked

"Yes, I need to decompress." I answered.

"If you come, everyone would be dancing, as you haven't been here for long time." she texted.

"Whom,"  I asked ignoring the previous message as I didn't had time to go there because of work and all.

"Poppy." She responded right away.

"It's going to be intriguing, I can tell." I texted

"Be there at 8 o'clock. I'll be where I usually am."

"Sure." I concurred and got to work.

After the work was done she didn't felt good so she decided to go gym. When she went there her trainer Nathan was already there.

"Hey."

"Hello beautiful, What are you doing here."

"Felt to have a good work out."

Probably a long day at work, so why not join us tonight? Your mind will be free of all worry."

"I am going tonight."I nodded in agreement.

That's great. You are unaware of how much others miss you. As I don't usually train, he began to assist.

"You already know that I'm trying to start my own business. My regular work also took up the most of my time. I lacked the time to go there.

"I am confident that you can complete every task flawlessly. I believe in you. You are, after all, the greatest.

"I know." I smile at him showing him expression asking him to tell me something I don't know.

"Don't act narcissistic right now." He shook his head in disgust at her narcissistic actions. He recalled the moment he first saw her as a teenager leaning again the wall with arms crossed her face showing relax expression while there was bad fight going on between the groups.

"That's my quality.". I responded as I engaged in an exciting workout. When I finished washing myself after an hour, I went outside.

"Let's go together" Nathan stated as he approached me.