CHAPTER 10*

Ash POV:

I looked out the window and watched the folks walking outside as the car began to move. I was quite worn out because I had been busy all day. If there hadn't been a problem with Bluelight Security, my company which I started recently, I wouldn't have had to stay up so late. After fixing the problem, I finished the work that was due. My stupid car won't start today, too, so that's two things. If I hadn't been so famished and worn out, I would have declined Liam's offer to drop me off.

I was ready to close my eyes when he cleared his throat, catching my attention. I turned to face him and he said, "I'm sorry to disturb you, Ash, but can we have some dinner first? I'm actually quite hungry, so if you don't mind can we..."

"It's good, even I'm hungry." I concurred.

"Perfect, Thank you for the lunch, by the way. I will treat you now as you treated me at the meal. I'll reserve a table for us." He made a call while grinning. Upon seeing his smile on his appealing face, my fatigue subsided. When I agreed, his face lit up in the same way that children do when they obtain their favourite items.

I genuinely stared at him in the morning as  I saw him after a week when I went to give him the paperwork in the morning. With the small curvature on his lips as he smiles, this man resembles a Greek deity in every way.

I realised that he had seen me glancing at him when his eyes met mine, and I moved my gaze away from him again, feeling embarrassed. The smile in his eyes, which can figuratively drown anyone in them, made my face flush. I was furious with myself since he had caught me glancing at him twice since this morning.

He didn't tease me, which made me inwardly sigh with relief as we drove silently. I have no idea why, but I am becoming increasingly at ease with him, which is evident in both the way I am behaving and the way he is becoming more self-assured and cheeky.

The door to my side opened while I was busy criticising myself, and there was my Greek man. Even worse, I was unaware that the car had stopped. I got out of the car and went with him to the upscale restaurant. I anticipated that the location he selected would be upscale, but I didn't anticipate it to be the top restaurant in the city.

"You weren't required to pick these expensive places." I spoke in an effort to break the tension between us.

"It's not often that you accept to eat with me, and since you were dressed for a fancy dinner, I thought that since you couldn't go on the date due of work, I could plan a luxury meal for you instead." He smiled as if saying I caught you lie.

"Thank you, Mr. Harrington, then. I simply grin at him rather than responding to what I had said before regarding our date with Nathan.

"Ms. Ashley, it's my pleasure." In a seductive voice, he said. I got chills when I heard his tone. The manager personally visited us at that time because Liam Harrington doesn't frequent your restaurant very often. Liam had reserved a private room, so he showed them the way there.

Everyone was looking our way, especially him, as we made our way to the private area. I wanted to strangle every single girl who cast him seductive glances. They were treating him like some pieces of meat, and it irritated me. I unwittingly clutched his hand and gave a look of ownership to all the girls who were aiming daggers at me.

I unwittingly clutched his hand and gave a look of ownership to all the girls who were aiming daggers at me.

When we first entered the room, I was admiring the furnishings and wondering in my head when I would be wealthy enough to reserve a whole hotel like this for myself. I was still holding his hand when we got to the table, and I only realised I was doing so when he pulled out a chair for me to sit in. As I immediately released his hand from my hold, I flushed. He didn't laugh at me as I had anticipated; instead, he smiled, which made my heart race. He pulled out a chair, and I thanked him before sitting.After he pulled out the chair, I thanked him and sat down, and he followed suit by occupying the adjacent chair.