CHAPTER 11*

Liam POV :

My secretary called while I was in route to work to inquire about my location as the clients were on their way.

I said, furious with Mr. Johnson, who abruptly called in the morning and asked to reschedule the meeting that was scheduled to be next week to today, "Layla I will be there in 10 minutes. Let them wait for a while."

I asked her after she replied, "Have you informed Ashley?"

"No, I was unable to reach her. In fact, Ashley had  informed earlier that she would be arriving late today."

"Perfect." I mumbled cursing as luck was not on my side today.

"Did you say something," she questioned.

"  Nothing continues to call her. I'll see you shortly. I refused and continued driving, assuming I had to deal with Mr. Johnson on my own. I wouldn't want any ties to him if it weren't for the fantastic bargain. Since Ashley is the only person who can manage him as he loves to be handled, I gave her these projects because he is an extremely picky person who demands that everything be perfect.

She is currently unavailable, but the problem is that Ash had the project specifics, and we were just going to talk about them today, but the meeting is now starting sooner. Since Lucas' absence increased my workload, I felt exhausted and worn out today and almost decided to take the day off since I had no critical meetings, but Mr. Johnson meeting suddenly popped up.

When I arrived at the workplace, Layla was there to greet me and let me know that Ashley had taken the call. She did as Ashley had instructed her and provided the file to me. I picked it up and began reading it. I advised Layla to call Pepper since I heard she does a terrific job and even Ashley appreciates it since Pepper works for Ashley.

Layla said "Sir Ms. Pepper has arrived and is reviewing the presentation. Ms. Ashley claimed that because they both worked on the presentation, Ms. Pepper would perform it flawlessly."

"It's really quick thinking Layla very good," I replied as I turned to face her.

"Thank you Sir, but I only told Ms Pepper because Ms Ashley told me to," she replied.

I merely nodded, but on the inside I was thinking how clever my Ash is since she called someone else and told her to do a presentation rather than showing up at the office and causing the meeting to be delayed. She was also shrewd to allow Pepper to work with her so that it would be beneficial if situations of this nature arose. Since Mr. Johnson wasn't there yet, I entered my office and proceeded to read the file. My phone ping-indicated a text message as I was reading it, and I noticed Ashley text me with information on the presentation. I grinned when I saw that because she was so diligent. I replied to her text saying

" Ash, don't worry; I've got this, I believe in your abilities, and whoever you put your trust in will do a wonderful job❣️"

There had been a knock and then  Layla entered saying, "Sir Mr. Johnson is here and is waiting for you in conference room 1."

"All right, let's go find Ms. Pepper."

Layla followed me as I left, saying, "Sir, she's waiting near the conference room."

When we arrived at the conference room door, Ms. Pepper and a few interns were conversing in a low voice, perhaps discussing the presentation.

"Are you prepared, Ms. Pepper? Please don't let me and Ms. Ashley down; she has a lot of faith in you." I query

She gave me a short glance and responded "Sure, sir. I won't let her down. I will give my best."

I gave her a nod before walking into the conference room. As Mr. Johnson apologised for rescheduling the appointment, I greeted him. He peered behind me, hoping to see Ashley, but when he didn't see her, he questioned.