CHAPTER 12

Ashley Pov:

"Okay, I'll be there shortly. I informed Layla, and I left my office.

Due to a meeting I had with Mr. Cooper regarding security, I arrived to the workplace late today. I felt guilty for neglecting my work here and working on Bluelight while there was meeting here which needed my presence. And now that Liam had summoned me to his office, I made the decision to apologise to him for neglecting my work as it was my second instance since yesterday.

After reaching there I gave a soft knock and entered when I heard come in from inside. As I enter I saw him leaning on his chair and smiling my way.  I became anxious as I struggled to go from the door to his desk because he was staring at me shamelessly and blatantly. I walk without looking at his face, but I did make eye contact with him so I could glare at him for acting in this way. However, at that moment, he opened the first button of his shirt, allowing me to see his toned chest.

My face turn red seeing that and really he looked breath taking in his navy blue shirt and rolled up sleeves. When I bumped into his desk that time I jolted out of my thoughts regarding his  handsome look and got more embarassed.

Suddenly his phone rang and I thank my luck as he went to side to talk. While he was talking standing near glass window I  slap my forehead for behaving like that infront of him and  I patted my face to get rid of the redness by taking deep breath.

When he came back after call I had call down little bit so I was not flustered to look at him.

"Why are you standing Ashley you could have sat down." He said

I just smiled in response and sat down in chair. When he was about to talk I interrupted him and said hastily  "Mr Liam I am extremely sorry for letting my private work interfering my work over here. What happened today won't happen again I promised."

"Ashley it's okay calm down. No need to get hyper. It's fine."

"No I should have been here for Mr Johnson's meeting but I had already scheduled meeting with Mr Cooper. I am really really sorry." I insisted as I knew I had done wrong also I know that he would not say anything to me but I knew what I did was not okay at all.

"It's alright Ashley and you don't need to apologize. It was clients fault to arrange meeting on a short notice. Even though you were not here you had prepared Pepper very well she really did nice job in there. In fact I am happy with your work also the  clients  and we got the deal so stop apologizing." He explained

"That's good." I gave him a bright smile when I heard our deal was confirmed. Pepper and I had stay up late nights to do this so i was very happy that our hard work has paid off, so i congratulate him.

He smiles and says "Thanks Ashley and it was due to your team's effort."

He then opened a file and while looking at it he said seriously showing proud look "I look into you profile over here since your promotion your growth is just fabulous."

"Thank you sir if it wasn't for your trust in me I wouldn't have done that. "I said genuinely as whatever feelings we had for each other he gave me the project which will definitely boosted my work."

"I just gave you project it was all your hard work." He stated

"By the way you know that I own a construction company with my friend right ?" He questioned

"Yah one time I work on project with you for Mr....." I said trying to remember the name of the client.

"Mr Becker." He added

"Yup that person." I said

"Okay would you work on project regarding construction. My partner really like your work during that time so specifically asked for you."