CHAPTER 1*

Liam POV:

(First meeting with Ashley) 

"Why are we going to Hunt Corporation?" I questioned Dad, who sat in the passenger seat.

"It's just that he has been pestering me for a while now using your mom's name. Also, I have heard that he has been using our name to get people on board for his project. So I thought, Go there and make it clear to him that I don't like people using my name to gain fame." Dad explained with annoyance.

"I have heard that his son, who is supposed to take over the Hunt Corporation, is useless. He flirts and harasses the female staff working at Hunt Corporation."

"Bastard." Dad cursed at hearing my words.

He doesn't like it when people use their power to do bad things. While we talk about things, we reach our destination. Mr. Hunt's Secretary was waiting for us at the entrance, and after greeting us, he guided us to his boss's office.

Crash... A loud crash was heard as soon as we came out of the elevator. The secretary tried to take us away from there, but we heard the voice of his boss.

"Ashley Ryan, how dare you kick my son?"

"Why wouldn't I dare to beat the scumbag? You should be thankful to me, as I did a job that you should be doing, which is teaching your useless son a lesson."

"You..." Mr Hunt couldn't speak.  I couldn't see her face right away due to the crowd gathered in front of me. But due to her good height, I can see that girl had red hair.

"You bitch, you must be tired of leaving, right? You just wait." A man with busted lips and glass piercing his face said.

"I am waiting, you asshole."

"You bitch..." The man raised his hand, trying to beat her, but she was quick-witted and caught his hand and twisted it slowly.

Seeing him raise his hand, I quickly moved forward to help her, but my help was not needed as Ashley handled herself.

"Ahh..Ahhh..leave my hand." The man screamed painfully.

"Ashley, leave my son's hand right now." Justin Hunt yelled loudly with a red face, which showed how furious he was, and rushed over to his son, trying to remove his hand from her grip.

That time I knew it was Ian Hunt, who is known as a spoiled brat who can do whatever he wants to do.

"Why should I? Where were you when your son tried to lay his hands on me?" She spoke fiercely without any fear, and that made Justin Hunt gulp.

He said it softly. "Ashley, listen, I know my son is a handful, but he is not that bad. So as your boss, I request that you leave his hand."

"Oh, so now you are boss. When the woman complained to you about your son's behaviour, where were you? Where were you when he harassed me right now?" She yelled loudly, making sure everyone heard her.

Justin Hunt's face turned red upon hearing her words. "You are fired. Get lost from here."

"Security, quickly come here and get her out." He yelled at his staff.

When the security rushed over, he pointed at Ashley, saying, "Throw these women out of the office right now."

"You don't have to do that, as I will leave happily." Ashley said  leaving Ian Hunt's hand.

As soon as her hand left his, he fell to the ground and started groaning in pain.

"I will sue you." Justine told her she saw her son in pain.

"Sure, but you forgot one thing; it's that your son will be the one going to jail, as you know how many girls he has harassed. And since I am out of the job, I will gather each and every girl you have thrown out of this stupid company and make sure he will be staying inside for years."

She turned around and walked, and everyone moved away from her with a petrified look on their faces.

"Fine, but I will see to it that no one will give you a job in these cities." Justin Hunt said he can't let his son go to jail.

She turned around and mocked him. "I didn't know you had that power, Mr. Hunt."

I controlled my laughter and felt amazed at her courageous behaviour. She looks like a petite girl with a slender figure, but she can beat the hell out of a man who is twice her size.

"Ms. Ryan," Dad called out suddenly.

Everyone looked in our direction. He walked towards her and said, "I am Andrew Harrington."

"Hello, Mr. Harrington! I am Ashley Ryan." She replied without a smile on her face.

"Mr. Harrington, what are you doing here?" Justin Harrington rushes over to us.

"I am here to offer a job to Ashley Ryan." Dad spoke loudly, and I smirked at that because just now Hunt had said he would see who would offer her job, and dad offered it.

"Mr. Harrington, she is not a good person. You see, she even beat my son; look at how much pain he is in. I won't lie to you, Mr. Harrington."

"What your son is feeling is because of his behaviour, Mr. Hunt." I replied and turned to Ashley to introduce myself.

"Ms. Ryan, it would be our pleasure to have you work for us." I added, and dad gave her his personal card, telling her to call him.

Taking the card, she walked out from there, holding her head strong. I kept looking at her until she was out of my sight. I really felt appreciation for her because she had single-handedly destroyed this father and son in their own territory.

Flashback over

I never knew the fierce girl I had watched at that time also had a soft side and would become an important person in my life.And since the day she joined the office, she has worked diligently without any complaints. I don't know why, but she's stayed away from me since the first day.

She became friends with Leon and even Lucas, but never with me. For me, she had an aura around herself, saying, "Come near, and You are dead," whenever I was around her.

I  was lost in my thoughts, and I didn't even realise that Lucas, my elder brother, was calling me. But when Lucas tapped on my  shoulder, it brought me back from my thoughts.

I cleared my throat to clear the  awkwardness, and asked Lucas, "What happened?" Lucas looked at me with a knowing glance and continued to stare at me for a few seconds, which made me feel like a thief who was hiding something.

After that , Lucas said, "Ok, then we are leaving, and I am not going to attend any meetings from now onwards. Because I don't like staying away from Bella and my baby."

Bella was about to say something, but he cut her off and said, "No, baby, you don't know what I felt when you didn't answer my call. So, whatever you want, I am not coming to the office until our baby is 3 months old. No, no 1-year-old."

I laughed at his statement while Bella looked at him in annoyance. Actually, it was quite a shock, as the mean, arrogant, and strong Lucas Harrington was turning into a soft teddy bear. While Bella and Lucas were arguing, I looked at Ashley, and my breath hitched seeing her smile while looking at the duo.

Her red hair, which I liked the most, was in a messy bun, and her face had no makeup, but for me, she was still looking  breath-taking. She has a smile on her face only when she is near her friends; otherwise, her face is always hard without any emotion.

As if she felt someone staring at her, she looked my way, and when our eyes met, everyone froze around us. I mustered up the courage to walk towards her, knowing she would ignore him.

Seeing me walking towards her, her face lost the smile, and she walked away with a hardened face.

Looking at her back I sighed and  mentally cursed my luck as whenever I tries to get close to her, she behaves arrogantly or runs away as if he is poison. For one and a half years, I has been trying to tame my stubborn girl.

Thank you