CHAPTER 9*

Liam POV:

There was a knock on my door while I was working on a file in my office. When I answered, the door opened, someone entered

I was waiting for the person who arrived to speak while still focused on the file, but there was no voice. I abruptly closed my file out of frustration as I was already irritated and when looked I was startled by Ashley's seductive gaze. She was wearing a white pant suit today, which accentuated her curvy form perfectly. She looked attractive because she had pulled her hair back into a low ponytail and applied cosmetics to her face, which is very rare as she is usually bare face.

I was out of town for a week, so when I returned, I was overjoyed to see her looking so lovely. Her lips were just making me loose my control so I pinch myself on leg to get those thoughts out of my mind. When the work was done I saw she was also staring at me in dazed manner, which pleased me as I have never seen her staring at me openly like these.

"Do you need anything, Miss Ashley?" I said after clearing my throat.

She shook her head and her entire face turned scarlet when she heard my words since I had caught her looking at me. She mentioned a file, but I wasn't listening to what she was saying as I thought of her blushing face when I kissed her. I didn't knew what happened to me that time I got so angry and jealous at her that I just lost my control on my emotions.

I felt awful because I couldn't sleep the entire night, so the next morning I fixed breakfast and apologised to her for acting perversely. She did accept my apology, but not before admonishing me to keep my temper or she would wipe out my family by destroying my balls. However, after considering everything, I came to the conclusion that I should behave like these with her going forward in order to let her know exactly who the boss is. She is also making it clearer by her behaviours that she has something for me, but is too obstinate to accept it.

"Mr Liam" I heard a faint voice while I thought of how I was going to make her suffer after our marriage just like she is doing with me.

I was startled out of my daydream as she slammed the file she was holding onto the table. She kept staring at me with a flushed face, her eyes getting smaller, and a smirk that appeared to be saying, 'I caught you too'

I laughed from inside seeing her childish behaviour. I sighed and questioned her "Do you feel okay, Ms. Ryan? Please stop slamming papers into my desk. If you damage the antique desk, I'll deduct that amount from your pay."

I teased her knowing her love for money, she frowned folding her arms after keeping the file on the desk "Oh then please keep it a locker Mr Harrington. Who knows what will happen to your precious antique desk."

"If anything happens then I will cut your account." I teased

"Why in the hell would you do that? I am your manager, not your secretary, why should I'll be held accountable if something were to happen to these stupid desks." She shouted while exhaling loudly, her face growing more crimson this time out of fury while breathing heavily.

"Do you need to see a doctor? Are you okay?" I enquired after noticing her ragged breathing and red face.

After hearing what I said, she growled and glared at me "No, Mr. Liam, I'm fine, but I suppose you should get a doctor for yourself since you can't hear what I'm saying.

I grinned at her and said, "Okay, let's stop playing around. I apologise for not listening to you. I'll read the file and let you know if any modifications are required, Ms. Ashley. Is that okay?"

After responding "Okay," she turned and headed for the door. I called her "Ms. Ashley" as she was about to open the door.

She halted when she heard me but kept looking forward while she awaited my response. I wanted her to look at me when we spoke, so I refrained from opening my mouth. She eventually became agitated after a while, turned around, and gave me a frustrated expression as if to say, "You better open your mouth to speak Mr."