The Ghost feels Real

Megan checked the time, the restaurant was about to close in a couple of minutes, and this is exactly the time Onika showed up last night.

She kept checking the clock on her wrist.
"Tables are clean!" Aaliyah informed her.
Megan was spacing, eyes glued on the entrance. "Mom!" she jumped gasping like she just got triggered.

"I've completed my task"

"Lock at the back," Megan instructed. Aaliyah nodded and walked away. Megan's phone fell from the counter. She squatted down to pick it up.  Some girly hands grabbed the phone. Megan glared at the fingers, medium-sized nails, blue, just like her wife liked to keep hers.

She lifted her face. Onika smiled. Her hair was blown by the wind, but there was no wind inside, or even outside.

Megan's heart was pounding out of her chest. There was a wind blowing from nowhere. The lights dimmed but Onika remained in the uttermost light of the room.

Megan was between scared and happy,  her heart was delighted to see Onika.

"This belongs to you," Onika said handing over the cell phone. Gosh even her voice is just the same. Her Cologne hit Megan's nostrils. It was a familiar scent. God, what is going on?
Megan was staring.

Onika smiled. Those dimples that their daughter Aaliyah inherited came shining like a light.

"Can I get coffee to go!"

She even loves coffee as Nicki did. "Let me guess... Regular coffee strong and black no sugar?" Megan asked. Onika smiled. "Correct."

Megan's hands were shaking. Her coffee spilt. "I'm so sorry. My heart is just - i"

"It's okay. Let me" Onika said softly taking the coffee pot from her.
"I'm Megan Pete, the new owner"

"I know," Onika said. Megan looked at her
"How do you know?"

Onika chuckled. "Should I list the movies you directed or appeared in?"

"Oh Uh... of course not"

"I'm a huge fan by the way"

"thank you... but that life is behind me now."

"you retired...why?" Onika asked 

"it was time," Megan said.

Onika finished pouring her coffee and sipped- "Since I made this myself. you ain't gonna charge me are you?" Onika joked.

"is on the house," Megan said not putting up a fight.
"what do you do?" Megan changed the subject.

"uh me-- I'm... it's complicated" it didn't sound honest, to Megan, it sounded like she was hiding something.

"uncomplicate it for me a nudge," Megan said.

"Depends"

"on what?"

"on what day it is, what planet is this and where are we?"

Megan raised an eyebrow.
"it's the 15th of May 2030, Planet Earth, in the United States of America, Alaska," Megan stated.

"Mommy I'm done" Aaliyah interrupted. Megan turned to respond to her daughter.

she turned back and Onika was gone. her Coffee mug was empty.

she looked at the mug, Jaw hanging.

"mom!"

"let's go home," Megan said. they locked up and went to their Cabin home.

at home
Megan was double-checking her daughter's homework.
"How is Alaska so far snuggles?" Megan asked. "it's alright. why is it cold this time of the year though?"