Love and War

A few days later

Megan was discharged and back home.
Nicki was in LA.
"Have you called mommy?" Megan asked Aaliyah.

"Yes. She had her first surgery in almost four years and she was nervous about it. but it was exciting. I asked for feedback. She will call later.."

Megan nodded. "Awe that's Sweet"

"I guess it is"

"Mom?"

"Yeah?"

"What happened? How did your love for mammy just disappear? What was the cause of that?"

"It didn't disappear"

"I'm confused," Aaliyah said

"Please make me understand because I swear I heard you admit you don't love her anymore, but then again I'm just a child, make me understand, please. I'm begging you. I can take it."

"It's complicated. I love mummy baby, so much, but something in our relationship shifted. We ain't the same and it is affecting us massively. When she asked me if I loved her. I was in a bad space and I was mad at her for something she did. So my emotions couldn't let me say the words back. But I love her so much. She's my breath just like you and the unborn baby are. I can't survive without her. I barely did even when she-- I can't now, my heart won't take it"

"Why don't you try telling her that?"

"I am mad at her. I'm upset. Love can't be enough in a relationship. It ain't all about love. It's trust, loyalty, selflessness, understanding, patience, and love is not all we need to make it work".

"So does it mean you guys are gonna divorce?"

"Unfortunately, We are divorced baby. it's over. the states decided for us. it's very complicated and I feel like mummy is relieved. at this point, I'm just really confused"

"you played your part in this confusion. but I am really sorry mom. maybe it is Time to let it go"

Megan nodded. "It is!" she muttered.

it really sounded over to Aaliyah, this time she had no interest in intruding. she too was over it.

Another week of discovering. Megan was going crazy without seeing Nicki and wondering what she was up to in LA with other females. Her hormones wrecked her out.

She texted.
*so I'm doing this all by myself? Are you planning to come back? Call? Check-in?*

*I got surgeries at Dr NP MEMORIAL. I'm not coming back sooner. But I will visit my kids when I'm off duty*

*Were you planning on telling me this?*

*Yes, in person of course.*

Megan typed and cancelled. she was furious.

two more weeks.
Nicki was finally off duty. she flew to Alaska

Megan was 33 weeks at this point, and hormones were making her crazy.

Nicki met Eve before going to Megan's place

"wifey still mad at you because of the other day?" Eve asked. "let's not talk about my baby's momma, how are you?".

"I miss you. Is that allowed?"

"it is allowed," Nicki said. "but I gotta go"

Nicki left.

she arrived at Megan's little home. her heart started beating up faster than normal. she took a deep breath and rang a bell.

Aaliyah opened it and hugged her.
Nicki gave Aaliyah a paper bag. She jumped up and down and rushed upstairs.

"You are welcome," Nicki said sarcastically.

"Yes thank you, mummy"
She exit.

Megan was laying her back on the couch, legs stretched on her coffee table. hands feeling her baby's heartbeat.

"Hey, how are you feeling?"

"Good!" Megan said.
"May I?" she wanted to take a seat

"Nope!" Megan refused.

Nicki swallowed hard. "The baby okay?"

"Yes?"

"May I--" she wanted to touch the baby bump.

"Nope!"

"You don't want me to be a part of this anymore?" Nicki asked.

"Nope. I got it"
Nicki nodded but just stood there.

"Can I help you?" Megan rudely asked.
"Yes. Can we talk about my job at NP Memorial? I was told I should talk to the board of directors and you are the Queen of directors. I am cleared. I have been working in the OR for two weeks with the current chief's privileges. I was wondering if I could have my hospital back!"

Megan laughed hysterically. Nicki curled her lips and waited.

"your hospital? Oh, Nick, your hospital died with the old Nicki. That's mine. My hospital and I'm not giving it away." Megan said dialling her phone.

"yes hello, this is Megan Pete. Yes, the one and only. May I please talk to the chief, of course, I will hold"

She held the phone looking at Nicki

"what are you doing?" Nicki asked.
"protecting what's mine"

Back on the line
Chief: Mrs Pete, this is the chief speaking.
Megan: Dr Pete, she's back.
Chief: yes it's a miracle, isn't it?
Megan: she must not be employed at my hospital. Are we clear?
Chief: i- why? I mean of course.
Megan: good.
Megan hung up

And stood up walking away.

"It's my hospital"
"Was, now it is mine baby momma. Mine"
"I'm calling my lawyer"

"Call them, dial a prayer and call Jesus, hell Call God himself. I don't fucking care what you do!" Megan spelled every word and turned away.

Nicki slammed the door and groaned.

Aaliyah appeared from upstairs "when are you taking me to Malibu?"

"Pack your bags I will pick you up later. Don't tell mom," Nicki said and rushed out.

She went to Eve's office.
"back so soon!" Eve said Smiling from ear to ear.
Nicki shut the door and locked it.
Eve was aroused.

"I need a job and you're going to give me 1," Nicki said. "what's in it for me?"

They looked at each other.
"There is a part of me that you can't reach. It belongs to her"

"your heart?"

"yes. She's my heart. But I'm tired of everything. I'm tired of how much I love her. She took from me a huge part of me, which is my hospital."

"I'm not just gonna give you a job here. I'm gonna love you, Nick, because I think I'm in love with you
....Give us a chance"

Nicki walked closer and kissed her.
Undressing, gasping, and moaning.

Nicki entered inside her. She gasped speaking in tongues. Nicki fucked Her. Making her moan louder and louder. She came multiple times.
Nicki was fighting to reach her own orgasm.  She finally did.

She trashed her used condom in the trash.
Eve was looking at her closely.

They dressed up. Nicki was quiet.
"Please don't tell me you regret this because I just had the best sex of my life!"

"This was a mistake. I gotta go"  Nicki said rushing out and forgetting her watch.

Eve picked it up then looked at the trash can and snatched her phone to check her circle on the app.

She was Ovulating. she looked at it and then at the trashcan.

WELL Nicki got something else coming.

I thought I should keep it short

Lol y'all are quite. Tired of me?