Mind Games.

The following day.

Nicki last saw Megan yesterday when she dissed her for breakfast.

She stepped inside, tired because she's been taking care of crying babies.

"you look exhausted kids giving you a hard time?" Aaliyah asked Nicki. "I'm okay" Nicki insisted. but she looked horrible.

"hey!" She said to Megan who was eating breakfast.
"yeah!" Megan said rudely, not even looking at her. Aaliyah hated it. "mom, can I make you some tea?" the least she could do was be sweet to her mom.

"no. uh, I have to lay down a little bit," Nicki said and walked away

"mom seriously, you can't even say hi the proper way? come on bro" Aaliyah said storming out.

Megan pulled out her mystery phone.
and texted.
*We are still on for tonight? found a sitter?*

*I was about to text you, but I can't make it*

*wifey?*

*uh no, I'm just in a lot of pain, I had surgery a couple of weeks ago. I'm still in pain*

*oh! I'm so sorry. is your wife taking care of you?*

*no. she doesn't know. I never said anything because I'm tired been the sensitive wife. She too needs support she just had our twins and I don't know if she's hurting still or not. So I can't afford to tell anyone that I'm in pain. I talked to my doctors though. both My cardiothoracic surgeon and my Therapist so I will be okay*

*Need a total stranger to talk to? I'm here. If you don't mind talking to a complete stranger*

*I can't afford to leave home today, thank you for the offer though*

*you don't have to leave your house, just send me your address, and tell me when your wife leaves. I will behave*

*okay, I will send you the address soon as my wife leaves*

*send your daughter away as well*

Megan walked into the room after sending that message.
Nicki lifted her eyes, she wasn't sure who was at the door, the Megan that wants her or the Megan that hates her.

She kissed the babies goodbye and headed out. Nicki cleared her throat "uh, Meg, I was wondering if--"

"I don't care!" Megan said and stormed out. again unfortunately Aaliyah heard her

Aaliyah was starting to lose her respect for Megan. Megan left.

Nicki was hurt she didn't send the address because she didn't feel like talking to Megan after that.

Aaliyah walked into the room. "I am so sorry for her!"

"it's okay baby she's taking out her hurt. it's okay I can take it"

"it is not okay"
"I know that! but it's fine."

knock on the door:

"just get to school, I will be okay"
Aaliyah nodded.

Nicki attended to the door. Aaliyah was headed out. she opened the door, and Megan was on the other side of the door.

Aaliyah said nothing and rushed out.
Nicki couldn't play along. she walked away from the door.

Megan clenched her teeth and texted her.

*bad timing?*

*Megan I can't do this. you are hot then cold I just can't. If you wanna cheat go ahead, I'm sick of it*