A heartache goodbye:

an hour later.

Megan walked inside the bedroom, Nicki was taking her jewellery off for bed. she then rubbed lotion on her hands and got under the covers. Megan went to the bathroom and then came back.

"Megan!"

"Nicki!"

"Can we not tell the kids about this arrangement yet, maybe wait until Liyah is 18 or more? we just leave it at that. the less she knows about this the better" Nicki pleaded, "okay!" Megan said

"good. thank you. good night!" Nicki settled into her pillow and fell asleep.

following day:
Nicki's Package arrived. she signed the divorce papers and placed them on their bed.

Megan saw them and it hit hard.
everything came back to her. she didn't want a divorce

she messed up too much to beg Nicki now. it's too late. she thought
she took the bottle of water opened it and poured water on the papers and placed the bottle down like it was an accident.
then left the room.

Nicki found the 'incident!'
"shit shit shit" she muttered trying to save the papers
she frowned realising they were unprofessionally wet.

she texted her lawyer and let him know.
*you will get another package tomorrow!*

the following day.
Nicki got a package, again, signed it. this time she asked to have a private moment with Megan, she was trying to get the papers signed.
"I know this is an inconvenient moment, I just have to get this over and done with, I feel like we haven't been free in a long time. I free you and I free me too. so I filed for divorce, I would like for you to sign here so that we could get this over and done with," Nicki said.

Megan snatched the papers. she read through. "do you need it now? can I get my lawyer to go through this with me, just for settlement bits of advice and stuff"

"I'm not taking anything. you can have the businesses, this house and all the money we have left. I just want the co-custody of the kids. And oh, you can have the car as well"

"Nicki, I'm confused. You said we stay together and raise our kids, now I'm taking everything including the house? You not staying here anymore?"

"I am. I can stay in your house, eat your food, and raise my kids. I'm trying not to make this ugly. Simple divorce. You are still my girlfriend or that is gone as well?" Nicki asked.

Megan looked at the papers.
"Promise you will stay in the house, no matter what?"

"As long as you want me here, I will stay here. All I ask is to keep my job at 101." Nicki said handing the car keys
"Can you not drop my name!" Megan asked. "It doesn't feel right being Nicki Pete while I'm not. I will just go by Nicki M. Dr M. Ms M. that's all, remind myself that I am indeed a single lady" Nicki said

"how long have you been thinking about all of this? divorce, dropping my name. how long have you orchestrated this whole thing?"

"I didn't. I didn't even plan. I looked into your eyes and something was missing. That thing never left even when I came back three years later. It was there and it was why I kept fighting because I knew I can rely on it as proof of your love for me. It's gone" Nicki said.

"When last did you check it?"
"A minute ago" Nicki responded. "Okay, then when did it disappear?"

"It started fading when we stopped having sex. It left the day Prudence came into this house. You neglected me and start flirting with her, I figured you wanted sex with her now.." Nicki said. "You love sex Megan, you are not in love with me." she added. "please sign," she said.