An Open Book 2

Morning, about 7 o'clock.

Aliyah woke up to a different kind of breakfast. Delicious aroma.
"Morning, what's the occasion?" she asked her Mom.
"Nothing just thought I should make breakfast for us," Megan said.
Aaliyah looked at her.

"What? You ain't hungry?" Megan asked her daughter.
"Mom you look different." She said.'

"Different? Different bad or different good?"

"It could be both. Your skin is naturally radiant and glowing than usual, although you look a little-- like, you gained weight!"
Megan swallowed hard. They heard footsteps and lifted their eyes.

"Morning, I'm sorry. I had a long phone call conversation, did I miss breakfast?"
Nicki asked. "Nope," Aaliyah said then turned to Megan. Megan looked away.

"Am I intruding on a conversation?" Nicki asked.
"No!"
"Oh Yes!" Aaliyah said.

Megan sat down. "What's going on here?" Aaliyah asked them.
"Nothing!" they both squealed
She looked at them and then sat down.

"Mom?" she looked at Megan.
Nicki adjusted her formally known as Male private part in her pants. She thought Aaliyah was on to her.

She sat down slowly and nervously.

"Somebody say something"

"I had a private surgery!" Nicki began.
Megan cleared her throat and secretly shook her head. " ..on my...never mind" Nicki tried to cover up.

"I'm pregnant!" Megan blunted. She wanted to save Nicki.
Aaliyah looked confused.
"You were trying? Or is it with another man? What's going on?"

They looked at each other.
"We were trying," Megan said.
"so let me get this right? you hate each other, always devouring each other with words, suck the life out of each other and mine then plan to bring another life into this chaotic havoc? Seriously?"

They were both speechless.

Aliayah stood up. "I will eat during lunch!" she said walking away.

"Snuggles--" they both muttered rising from their chairs.

"Stop! Both of you. I'm almost 12. Stop calling me that. I'm going to school" she said picking up her backpack and rushing out. She slammed the door.

They were left with nothing to say to each other.

"We need to do better. Yes, you are pregnant Meg, you carrying my baby boy but he ain't here yet, Aaliyah is here and deserves respect and honesty. She deserves a stable home. I wanna give my only child life. I can't lose Liyah too. I'm sorry I can't." she said rushing out,
"Nicki where you going?"

"I'm getting her out of school today. We need to talk to her."

"What about your appointment?"

"I will cancel it," she said and exited.

Megan's Jaw dropped

An hour later.

They walked in. Megan stood up. Nicki shut the door.

"Sit!" she told her daughter. Aaliyah sat down. Megan walked from the dining table to the living room couch.
.they all sat down.

"First of all baby, we are sorry for everything we put you through. It ain't fair, it ain't fair at all. You are a good girl, a beautiful girl who's very respectful and caring. Very understanding, you are an amazing little girl and we are both very proud of you, but even in your awareness, you deserve peace, love, and happiness like any other girl. We are less mindful of you lately and it ain't slightly bit fair. It's bad, it's cruel. We are bad parents. We are so, sorry for that." Nicki said.