The New Nicki

The weekend ended

Monday morning Nicki was busy so she had to take Aaliyah back to Alaska in the evening.

They arrived. Megan just got home from the restaurant.

Door opened. She turned. Aaliyah and Nicki walked in.

"Hey mama"

"Hey, baby. Had fun with mummy?"

"I did. How was your weekend without me? Can you live without me now?"

"Oh no, I can't live without my baby girl" Megan exaggerated making her baby laugh. She hugged her before taking her new clothes upstairs.

"I will be on my way!" Nicki said Nervously. She felt guilty.

"So on Friday night—" Megan began...
"What the fuck was that?"

Nicki didn't know how to answer the question.

"You came back into my life lecturing about acting like a married woman meanwhile you fucking around on me?" Megan shouted.

"You told me I was dead. No matter what I do or say to you, I was dead. So I was upset"

"So you went on the streets and found some random dick to fuck?"

"Keep your voice down!"

"Don't tell me to calm down. Once a cheater always a cheater. You will never change. Me, Kat now some random guy."

"Oh here we go, what about you Meg? What about Lucy? The woman you broke our marriage with"

"Sorry, I broke our marriage--"

"SHUT UP!" Aaliyah interjected.
They looked at each other embarrassed.

"This is when I really miss Pearl," Aaliyah said sadly. They both turned and looked at her. 
"Whenever you hated each other or acted like this... at least she had my back, she was a big sister to me and friend at all times. Now I have nobody. I have to go through this on my own" she said.

"I'm all by myself 'cause she's dead!" she added crying and running out of the house. Nicki rushed after her then paused.

Her tears came running.
It hit her hard that her daughter died cause she never really mourned her

She started by sniffling, then sobbing then whimpering and shivering.

Megan lifted her eyes and looked at her. "Nick—"

"I'M FINE!" Nicki snapped.
"Where's your bathroom?"

"By the corner," Megan pointed. Nicki rushed in. She needed a secret moment to cry.
Megan heard it but didn't wanna interrupt. She knew Nicki needed a moment to let it all out. To grieve. To mourn.

While she cries it out. Megan went to find Aaliyah.

Two hours later.

Nicki took a shower after having a mournful moment. She walked out of the bathroom. Eyes swollen. She was ready to leave, just picking up her purse and cellphone.
"I can't find Liya," Megan said.

"I checked all the kids in the neighbourhood. She wasn't with any of them. I called security he said he never saw her. The sheriffs are on their way" Megan said sitting in a chair. Elbowing her knees, legs lunged boyishly. Rubbing her hands.

Nicki gasped. "Oh my gosh!" she whispered. Her knees were getting weak she leaned to a wall.

"Nick-"

She wobbled and grabbed the armchair and crashed on it.
She was feeling light-headed and unzipped her purse for her medication. Megan was watching closely.