Epilogue- Part IV

The next morning Noel and (Y/n) we're busy packing up the rest of their belongings. "Well, looks like we're almost done with packing. Except those extra dishes." (Y/n) gestured over to the ceramics wrapped in newspaper after putting the last box by the entrance.

"Yeah. I think we don't have anymore moving boxes to put these in." Noel double checked around the area to see if there could be any spare boxes left over. "Looks like I need to go buy some more moving boxes. I thought we'd have at least a couple left over but I guess we have a lot more stuff than I imagined." Noel grabbed the car keys and kissed (Y/n) goodbye before taking off. "I won't be long. I love you!"

"I love you too!"

She watched, leaning against the doorframe entrance as Noel pulled out of the driveway and disappear down the road. Her attention was then pulled towards a moving truck coming up her driveway a few minutes after Noel had left. She thought it was strange since the moving company had previously said that the moving truck would get to their house by 12pm but looking down at her wristwatch it read 10:36 am. She saw two males get out of the truck. Both of them were wearing face masks so she couldn't tell what they looked like but thought nothing of since COVID had happened it wasn't uncommon to see someone wearing one. One was wearing an all black outfit including a black baseball cap while the other was wearing light grey sweatpants, a white t shirt, and light blue jean jacket. The outfits made sense the temperature was starting to drop below 65 degrees lately.

"Good morning! My name's Nathaniel and this is my friend Reiji. He just started today." Nathaniel said as he patted the other male on the shoulder. He didn't say a word but only greeted (Y/n) with a small nod. "It's nice to meet you! Though I wasn't expecting you guys to get here until 12?"

"Ah, yeah, we actually had a change in our schedule this morning. Allowing us to come here earlier than expected. You should've gotten the updates through text message." (Y/n) remembered that she had left her phone on the nightstand in her bedroom. "Oohh, I haven't had the chance to look at my phone. I've been busy with packing since the early morning but we are almost done with everything. My husband just went to go get some more boxes because we ran out. I'm pretty sure he won't take long." The males nodded in agreement as (Y/n) stepped aside to let them in. She let them know which boxes to be extra careful with since there were fragile objects encased in them. She excused herself as she needed to head upstairs to grab her phone from her nightstand.

As she was nearing the staircase, she felt a slight jab of pain in her neck causing her to wince. Reflexively, she grabbed her neck as her vision became blurry, sensing her consciousness fade to nothing until she collapsed onto the floor. The worker dressed in all black had put the cap back on the needle and stuck it back in his pocket.

"You're still giving me my money like we agreed on right?! I went through a lot of trouble just by helping you out with this plan!" The dark haired man turned his head slightly back towards Nathaniel. "Yes. I stashed it in the same location like I had mentioned. After today I want you to disappear from this place for good. I don't care where you go and if you dare say anything about all of this I know how to find you." Nathaniel swallowed the dry lump in his throat and nodded his head in reaffirmation. "Hey. Is Reiji even your real name?"

The man going by the name 'Reiji' picked (Y/n) up in his arms and turned around towards Nathaniel. "You think I'd be stupid enough to give you my real name? It's best you shut up, mind your own business and do as you're told." Nathaniel looked down at the ground as he apologized and agreed. They exited the house, Nathaniel got in the drivers seat while Reiji mounted onto the back of the truck with (Y/n) still in his arms and set her down on a single mattress that was placed in the back of the moving truck. He closed the back entrance of the vehicle and pounded twice on the wall signaling Nathaniel to drive off. He sat down next to the girl's sleeping figure, running his hand across her cheek then down to her chest.

"Welcome back to me, my muse."