Chapter 32- Breathe

Four months had gone by. Four months since the arrest.

(Y/n) has been seeing a psychologist to help her through the traumatic experience that she has underwent. What also helped her was that her grandparents had decided to move to where she was so they could find a place and move in together with their granddaughter so she would never be alone and also provide her the love and support she desperately needed. In the beginning for her it was extremely difficult. All of her nights consisted of night terrors. She was so afraid that if she were to close her eyes and fall asleep she would see every single one of her former tormentors faces, especially Ren's. Of course each one had done their fair share of despicable things but it was his that haunted her the most. She would only remember small snippets of that incident but they were the most terrible ones. Most of the time she refused to get out bed, to eat, to talk, or to go see a psychologist. Though eventually, her grandmother arranged a session for a psychologist to come their house and talk with (Y/n). She didn't open up immediately, though she wasn't expected to. But gradually with the support of her grandparents plus Noel and Chris, she could finally talk about it. And it was painful. But it was a necessary pain in order for her to begin the process of healing. Steadily, the night terrors became less frequent and she was able to have restful nights.

She still has a long road left to recovery but she is determined to get there one day.

As of now, (Y/n) and Chris were sitting side by side in a courtroom waiting to hear the final verdict. Chris has made a speedy recovery from his gunshot wound. Chris also had to start seeing a psychologist due to the trauma but what hurt him the most was knowing Corin would have to spend time in jail due to her being found guilty of being an accomplice to arson. She would have to serve five years in jail. Chris still loves her but the fact that she had sold out her friend, (Y/n), to the boys made him distrust her. He thought if he could do it to her, she could've done it to him. But just like (Y/n), Chris will one day heal from this experience.

Suddenly, the sound of a door opening to the courtroom caught everyone's attention. The jury had came back in after deliberating for only 45 minutes. Next, came in the six boys all in their orange jumpsuits and handcuffed. They all took their seats except for one juror. Everyone in the courtroom was focused on the jury waiting for the verdict. The judge asked if they have all reached a final verdict. The juror, standing, responded.

"Yes we have, your honor. We find the defendants guilty."

(Y/n) felt a smile begin to form as well as tears in her eyes. She almost didn't believe it. Finally, after all this time the boys at last would pay for their crimes. People in the courtroom stood up to their feet cheering and applauding for the verdict. People who had been following this case since they heard of it were just as happy as (Y/n). She and Chris embraced also stood up and embraced each other. From the corner of her eye she could see how taken aback and furious the boys were but she didn't give a shit. She knew now that they couldn't do anything to hurt her anymore. At last, (Y/n) could feel like she could finally breathe. Shortly after, the judge called for order in the courtroom so she could immediately give the sentencing.

The sentence for each individual Alex, Bako, Jin, Kaito, and Ryo:

Conviction for arson, 20 years jail time for each

Conviction for kidnapping, 30 years jail time for each

Conviction for blackmailing, 1 year jail time for each

Lastly, sentencing for Ren:

Conviction for arson, 20 years jail time

Conviction for kidnapping, 30 years jail time

Conviction for blackmailing, 1 year jail time

Conviction for rape, 15 years jail time

Conviction for attempted murder, 10 years jail time

By the time most of them have served their time they will already be too old. The judge brought down the mallet declaring the case closed. The boys were taken away as (Y/n), Chris and everyone else rejoiced as they rouse to their feet and exited the courtroom. Outside waiting, Noel noticed a big crowd heading in his direction seeing their joyful expressions he figured the boys were given the sentence that they deserved. Noel found (Y/n) and Chris coming his way with the same lively expressions. (Y/n) went in for a hug but she was suddenly lifted off the ground. Noel was overflowing with delight that he picked her up and spun her around. As he set her down they both chuckled and gave each other sheepish smiles. Chris playfully rolled his eyes at them.

"C'mon you two. Let's go out and celebrate."

The trio had gone into a brand new cafe that just recently opened. They were sitting down at a booth enjoying what they had each ordered having lighthearted conversations. Chris needed to use the bathroom so he excused himself, he lightly elbowed Noel as he slid out from the booth. Noel knew he did that so him and (Y/n) could talk privately. Noel turned to her as Chris walked away. The girl gave him a small smile in which he returned. He began to feel nervous avoiding eye contact thinking about how to say what he wanted to say. (Y/n) realized his change in demeanor.

"Noel, you okay?"

"Yeah. I'm fine. Just...kind of nervous."

"Why?"

"....because...I want to tell you that I like you." (Y/n) simply stared at him contemplating on what to respond with. Noel thought he had put his foot in his mouth by saying that to her. He was starting to regret confessing to her his feelings when (Y/n) began to speak. "I think I like you too, Noel." Feeling relived he smiled kindly to her.

"But...I hope you can understand that I would prefer to take this slow." Noel nodded in complete understanding. "I do understand. Considering what happened I clearly see why it would take time. I really don't want to rush us into anything. But I really want to be there for you. Even if I can't give you the best advice I'll be here to listen. You need to get something off your chest just call me anytime. If you just need a hug I'll come sprinting over just to give you one." (Y/n) and Noel giggled at the thought. Noel held out his hand for (Y/n). She looked at it for a second before gently grabbing his hand and looked up at his eyes.

"Thank you, Noel."

(Y/n) hoped in her heart that one day she could end up actually falling in love with Noel. She hopes for a healthy and strong relationship with him. No lies, no facades. A relationship with trust, security, and love for one another. She somehow knows they'll achieve that one day.

Well this is the final chapter of the story. It's been two years since I started writing this fanmade sequel. Hard to believe. But I do want to say thank you to everyone that has read, voted and/or commented on this story. It's been fun. Though I do consider writing an epilogue to this but I don't know exactly. If you would like to see an epilogue to this story feel free to let me know. So, this is goodbye for now. Take care. ✌🏻