Chapter 8- Bitter Jealousy

Standing in the bathroom, already stripped of her clothing, she turned the shower head on. (Y/n) walked leisurely into the shower, steam filling the room up, fogging up the mirror as well. The water pours down, dripping by her sides, as her mind slowly fades into dullness and everything a foggy illusion. The sensation of the steamy water hitting her body, relieving any and all tension in her muscles. Feeling herself standing under an everlasting waterfall, but it can never last and she knows that.

After finishing her shower routine, she pulled back the curtain, stepping out onto the cold marble floor. (Y/n) cringed at the chilly air seeping into the bathroom from under the door. She gingerly reached over for a towel that was neatly folded on the bathroom shelf. As she was drying off her body, she began to feel a dull one-sided ache on her upper back. She clutched onto that area, panting lightly, slightly hunched over waiting for the pain to pass through.

Gradually regaining her composure, she resumed with drying off the rest of her body and wet hair. (Y/n) slipped on her new clothes and exited the bathroom. She went over to the full body mirror and stared at her reflection. "Man, what was that about? I've never felt something like that before." (Y/n) brushed off the incident, not wanting to think about it too much. She remembered what Jin had told her earlier and decided to head on over to his room.

Walking down the grand hallway, she made a right turn and walked further down until she came to a stop in front of a large white wooden door. She knocked on the door three times before she heard some shuffling and footsteps advancing towards the doorway. (Y/n) took a step back and waited for the owner of the room to open up. As Jin answered, he gave the girl a shy smile but was feeling more than happy she chose to come and visit him in his room. "So you came."

The female smiled in return and hummed in response. Jin motioned for her to enter, she did just that and the brunet closed the door. (Y/n) looked around his room seeing that not much has changed since the last time they were together in his room. Only thing different was this time he had an entire bookshelf filled horror movies and books on philosophy well organized on the shelf. She next looked over to the far left corner of the room to see a desk occupied with sheets of notebook paper. She paced over to the spot and picked up one of the pages and read aloud to herself what was written on it.

I need you tonight
I need you to hold me
To have our limbs
Unhurriedly entwine
In a loose embrace
So I can muffle my words
On your soft skin
Just as I am kissing it

We can talk about our joys
Our fears and the future
As I tuck away absentmindedly
That strand of hair
Fallen across your face
I just want to be
Within every inch of you
So I can feel what you feel
And be happy

As she finished reading she felt a tiny sting in her heart when she thought that Jin might have written this about someone else. ' Did I just feel.....no I couldn't have.' She turned around to Jin with a forced smile on her lips. "This is really good what you wrote here, Jin...may I ask who it's about? If you don't mind."

Jin struggled to come up with a response, glancing around his room hoping something would come to mind. (Y/n) saw he was all flustered and very hesitant to say, she immediately felt guilty for asking. "I'm sorry Jin. I probably shouldn't have asked. I know it's very personal, you don't have to answer." The emerald eyed boy shook his head in denial. "N-no it's fine. Don't worry about it."

The male's reply made (Y/n) feel a little bit better, but she was unable to shake off the peculiar feeling abiding within her. "I really like it though. I remember you telling me that poetry was one of your interests." (Y/n) set the paper back down on the desk and sat down on Jin's bed. "Yeah..it is."