Chapter 22- Emergency

Following after the unimaginable chaos that had erupted through the household, (Y/n) was quickly rushed in an ambulance to the nearest ER.

Upon arrival to the ER, (Y/n) had gone into asystolic cardiac arrest due to the sudden rise of potassium levels in her blood. This impelled the medical team to have the endangered female undergo immediate treatment to lower the potassium in her blood. In a short span of time the treatment had taken affect, lowering her levels back to normal. The doctor that would be attending towards (Y/n) decided that after the therapy it would be wise to put her on dialysis. That way, (Y/n), can be out of risk of any further potential complications that do come along with CKD (chronic kidney disease).

Sitting in the waiting area, Kaito was leaning on the window sill with his hands, staring outside the glass with a hardened expression, all the while as silent tears streamed down his light complexion. For one he was glad he had his back turned towards the three males. He didn't wish for anyone to see him so vulnerable. Ryo sat with elbows propped on his knees, holding a styrofoam cup containing black coffee that had ran cold a little over half an hour ago. The flaxen male would dart his eyes up every so often towards the entry of the waiting room, hoping someone would show up and give an update on (Y/n)'s condition. Ryo was internally blaming himself for not taking better care for the girl. He knew she was gravely ill but yet, it was for obvious reasons why he kept his distance from her. He was very aware of what they had done. They had manipulated and blackmailed the person who (Y/n) considered her best friend in order to obtain what they desired...that being (Y/n). They took advantage of Corin's envious sentiments she secretly held against her former roommate. They had broken her trust for the second time. This goes with the saying that everybody knows 'Fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me.'

Ryo lifted his head back up but not towards the entrance like before, instead he directed his focus on one of his companions waiting in silence, same as the rest of them. Alex was leaning back in his seat with his arms resting on either side of him. To the blond it seemed to him as if he were in a tranquil state of mind but surveying his ever so neutral mien, his eyes expressed deep concern and sorrow for his love. Ryo never could firmly figure out what ran through Alex's mind not even after years of being friends with him. Though one thing for sure he could always make out was when he thought of (Y/n). Hearing a few woeful sniffles from Ren who had been sitting beside him the entire time, the male turned to his sable haired friend and spoke in a soft voice. "Ren?"

Ren pursed his lips before wiping his face of any tears then rotated his body, leisurely, to fully regard the boy. "Yes..?"

There was no question as to why he was crying. Ryo stared at him for a brief second before he shot him a small smile, patting him gently on his shoulder as means of comfort. Ryo remembered that Ren had lost his sister, whom he loved dearly and being in this bind surely brings up bad memories, even for himself. "She'll be okay. I'm sure." Ren slowly nodded his head in agreement as he sighed out to release his tense nerves.

Another 30 minutes passed by, seeming as an eternity to those in the waiting room. In that amount of time that has been mentioned, 2 women had been brought in to the ER. One was wheeled in as she was wailing in immense pain, about to deliver her first child. The second one was an elderly woman who suffered a stroke in her own home. Another patient was brought in, a young male around the age of 25, but his case was something you only see in a gore movie.

Not long after those events had subsided, the clicking of heels against the floor were approaching towards where the group of four were forced to wait in anticipation. A woman in a long white coat walked in, the clicking of her heels abruptly silenced when she came to a stop. She was about 35 with a medium light complexion, her hair was done in a up-do with her light brown bangs cut perfectly across her forehead. This style giving her a professional and elegant look. Her argent orbs quickly found the musician, advancing to where he now stood.

"I do apologize for the long wait, Mr.Kakyoku."

"Please tell me, is she alright?"

"Yes, she's now stable. We had to give her insulin administered with glucose plus calcium..."

"—severe hyperkalemia.....she went into asystolic cardiac arrest, didn't she?" The doctor gazed sympathetically at Ren's pained expression before nodding in response to his theory. Ren force-swallowed the lump forming in his throat, dipping his eyes down to the ground as he breathed out soundlessly reminding himself that (Y/n) was indeed alright. "Is she awake yet?"

"Not yet. It be best for you to go home and rest. You can come back tomorrow with your friends to see her. By tomorrow morning she will most likely be awake." Ren contemplated over the idea of leaving the hospital, worrying about (Y/n) if something else were to happen and he would not be around. He thanked the doctor and went over to where the three males were situated to give them the update. They discussed on which two would spend the night in the hospital and who would have to return to the domicile. After some mild bickering between the four, the obvious was settled that Ren and Kaito would stay the night. Alex and Ryo left, begrudgingly, back to the house in Ren's car but not before the blond exclaimed that he would be back at dawn to be the first to see (Y/n). The two present males sat back down in their seats and prepared themselves for the long and restless night still to come.

It's short I know. I just didn't want to keep you waiting more. Though, I hope you liked it. Stay alert for the next chapter.

Until then ✌🏻