Chapter 23- A Familiar Face

Hours had flown by since Alex and Ryo departed from the hospital. The clock that hung on the nearby wall struck 5:45 in the morning at that moment with the two present individuals in the waiting expanse had not too long ago, caved into their necessity of sleep. Ren tried his hardest to remain awake but from all his previous restless nights, his body could take no more and simply shut down on him. Around this hour, there were several nurses making rounds to their assigned patient's room.

The nurse who had been assigned to (Y/n) quietly let himself in, cautious not to create any disturbance to the girl's slumber. Though, when he came around the corner to where (Y/n) would presumably still be recovering, he was surprised to find no one there.

He scanned his eyes around the room in confusion before turned around to head back out the way he came in. Just as he prepared to alert the staff of the girl's absence, he heard a loud flush from the bathroom of (Y/n)'s room. The male sped back inside to see the (h/c) haired patient walking in her hospital gown while holding on to the IV stand rolling beside her, back to her bed. He was instantly by her side helping her keep her balance.

"Miss, are you sure you're well enough to be walking?"

(Y/n) did not say anything and continued to make her way back towards the bed with aid by from the male. After placing the female back on the mattress, she looked into the genuinely concerned orbs of the man assisting her.

 After placing the female back on the mattress, she looked into the genuinely concerned orbs of the man assisting her

"I'm fine...thank you." She thanked him in a faintly, tired voice. The nurse grabbed the thin cover from the opposite side, draping it over (Y/n)'s body after she had settled into a comfortable position. "I'm sorry, I didn't hear you or see the light turned on in the bathroom when I came in." (Y/n) gave him a small smile as she shook her head, elevating her sights to his name tag with a picture of him that was pinned to the left side of his chest then switching back to him. "No, it's just that when I turned on the light to the bathroom it was really bright and it was bothering my eyes so instead I turned it off. So there's no need to apologize, Mr. Maeda." He chuckled in response as he flicked on the lights mounted above her head but keeping them at a dim light just enough for him to see his paperwork. "Please, don't be so formal with me. You can just call me Noel. Besides, I'm not that much older than you."

"Heh...alright, Noel. And how old are you? If you don't mind me asking." Noel proceeded with his paperwork as he carried on with their conversation. "I'm 24 exactly. I've been a nurse for only 2 years. So, I'm still a rookie." Noel flashed a charming smile towards (Y/n) before setting his pen down. He then removed his stethoscope hanging around his neck, placing both earpieces in his."I'm going to listen to your heartbeat and lungs so I'll need you to take a few deep breaths for me." (Y/n) complied and sat up straight, allowing him to follow through with the procedure. She inhaled deeply the first time, earning a nod of approval from the male. Now moving towards her upper back, he brushed the girl's hair to one side, giving him a more appropriate hearing of her breathing and heart. (Y/n) slightly flinched at the cold small disk touching her exposed back. Noel gave another nod of approval, withdrawing the medical instrument from her warm skin. He took out the earpieces, hanging his stethoscope back in it's original place. He sat down next to the female as he laid his hand on her forehead for signs of a potential fever. The male declined his hand while staring at (Y/n), overviewing her features in a questionable demeanor. (Y/n) began to grow somewhat nervous towards he strangely behavior and decided to break the silence with a question.