Chapter 25- The Getaway

The hour for her discharge had approached a little too quickly, (Y/n), finding it rather unfair in her opinion. It wasn't really so much of her enjoying being hooked up to the hospital machinery, having to lay in bed for hours, and only able to get up to use the bathroom. She also didn't have anything but the TV to serve as for entertainment. All she did throughout that morning was casually surf through the numerous channels, searching for something that would pique her interest until she had paused on the local news channel, where the Dean appeared on the screen alongside with a man that she assumed to be an attorney. The news had announced the 'accidental' burning of the university's girl dorm was no longer labeled as an accident, but now as arson. There had been several reports of eye witnesses, remembering seeing a suspicious man walking into then out of the dorm a few minutes before the fire had started. Police then had checked the campus security footage and were able to identify the man not long after. At present time, the police have put out an APB on the suspect.

It didn't take long for (Y/n) to put two and two together to know Kaito and the others were responsible for burning down the dorm, also she had a hunch that Corin must've taken her out to eat that morning, knowing what was about to happen because Corin never really liked going out in the mornings to eat before classes. She preferred to use that time to get more sleep in.

"Of course. Classes for us were also canceled that day...they expected that to happen. So they'd take that opportunity to have me move in." (Y/n) groaned softly as she ran a hand through her hair."God, why did I agree to that..? You're so fucking gullible, (Y/n)." The sound of knocking pulled her out of her thoughts, turning towards the door to see a different nurse walk in. She gave her a friendly morning greeting to then which the lady informed (Y/n) she was being discharged. She hesitantly picked up her bag and walked out with the nurse out of the room. (Y/n) trailed behind as she glanced from side to side of the hallway, looking at the bulletin boards, a couple of wheelchairs here and there, and an unused stretcher placed outside of an empty room. (Y/n) hated the thought of leaving. She didn't find hospitals all that pleasant but she'd rather practically live in one then having to return to the mansion of deception.

They arrived to the front desk where her release would be confirmed. (Y/n) was told that there was a young gentleman in the waiting area, to pick her up. Her heart was pumping harder and harder, the more she got closer to where she thought one of them would be waiting for her or if not, more. (Y/n) nearly jumped out of her skin when she had seen Chris the only one there instead of Kaito or the other boys. With an expression of relief, Chris, immediately enveloped her in a hug. (Y/n) was all shocked, joyful and confused at the same time, she could nearly feel herself start to cry. Chris pulled back from their hug and a hold of her hand. "We need to leave right now. We don't have a lot of time." Both of them made their way quickly out towards the exit of the hospital. (Y/n) soon began to question him on how he knew where she was and to where they would go. "I know you have a lot of questions but I'll answer them once we're out of here. Noel is waiting for us in his car." And sure enough Noel appeared around the cornered of the pick up zone in front of the hospital, signaling them to speed it up. Chris and (Y/n) jumped in the back of Noel's car, slamming the door shut as Noel attempted to navigate out of the parking lot. Chris' eyes widened when he saw Kaito and Ren stepping out of a silver car. "Quick! Duck down, (Y/n)!" Both students went down low to the floor to avoid being caught.

Noel continued to steer through without drawing any attention to his car as he passed by both males, who did not even give him a second glance. Once they had passed by undetected, Noel made it out of the parking lot and onto the main road. (Y/n) pulled her head back up as did Chris, she looked back at the hospital in the distance as they kept driving on. For the first time in what felt like forever, she was able to finally relax. She laid her head on Chris' shoulder to rest a little, in the meantime their adrenaline began to simmer down. After about 10 or so minutes of driving, (Y/n) asked Noel to where they would be staying for now. "Don't worry. You guys can crash at my place. Those guys won't even think to check there for you." (Y/n) still carried many questions but decided to wait until then to ask, but for now she just wanted to close her eyes and not think about her current situation, so she laid back and let her mind shut down for the time being.

It's short but I felt it as a good place to stop this chapter. Until the next ✌🏻