Chapter 19- That Little Voice

After (Y/n) disappeared onto the second floor, Ren grabbed his raincoat and set onwards to bring his friend who was in dire need of help, back to the domicile.

The ebony haired male ran out in a impetuous manner with his eyes darting from place to place in the caliginous quadrangle, debating on where of all places Jin could've been left. Ren wandered around aimlessly for a short period, screaming at the top of his lungs for the boy in search. It didn't help much that the roaring sounds of thunder would drown out his cries for Jin.

Ren suddenly increased his pace up to the point of jogging as he was panting with the occasional lightning strike illuminating his environing conditions for an instant. He continued to zip through the garden calling out to the brunet with rain droplets pelting him in the face, especially his eyelids, making it more difficile to maintain his eyes open therefore he used his hand as a shield for his eyes.

About halfway into the sizeable backyard, Ren halted all movement after a diminutive glare from a light source barely cut through a gap between several broad trees in the remaining distance ahead. It seemed peculiar to him on how there could be any type of light in that area. Ren thought it may highly be an intruder sneaking around with a flashlight in hand and if that was the case he chose a wrong time on forgetting to carry his gun on him.

The male ruminated on his options of deciding to retreat back towards the household, grab his weapon and notify his housemates or take the risk and confront the trespasser on his own. Though inside, his intuition urged him to face the invader due to the possible chance that Jin could be in serious danger if he doesn't get to him first. He knew very well the boy was in no shape to defend himself.

Coming to terms with himself, Ren inhaled a deep breath of air, converting back to his collected persona and recommenced his anterior nimble ambulation. Ren meandered through the landscape of woods, each progressing motion he attained, the glare of the active refulgence amplified in volume. Once coming across the forested area, he was met with a suite sized cottage that presently had it's lights turned on inside.

The front door had remained agape, hence the lighting from inside the structure shone on top of an embodiment that was lying almost lifeless on the front porch. The sable eyed individual was prompt to descry the figure on the wooden porch. His motor functions responded on impulse, resulting him to dash towards the fallen university student.

Ren had mentally planned on jumping the three steps altogether but instead lost his footing and accidentally tripped on one of the steps leading up to the porch. A groan escaped his throat from the pain coursing through his right shin, but he immediately disregarded the injury and lagged towards Jin. He first checked for any signs of a pulse, placing his index and middle fingers on his neck, just below his inner jawline. Ren sighed in relief but a moment later realized the unconscious male's shallow, raspy intakes of air.

Before he could proceed with any action the musician stood up from the ground still being wary of his bruised cnemis and walked cautiously in the cottage only a couple meters. Ren scanned the furnished miniature house for any indication of an intruder, but yet nothing seemed out of place--at least to him. Although, reflecting upon it now if there had been a break-in to the premises the alarms would've gone off, plus that person would show up on the security cameras.

Ren then pushed aside all thoughts to centralize his diligence back to the male in need. He returned back to the outside, leveled down to Jin after he had removed his raincoat from his body to use it as a cover for the sickly boy. The outerwear was draped over him, covering from his waist up to his pale face. Ren hooked his left arm behind the brunet's knees as his other arm was used to support and lift the upper portion of his body.