Chapter 17- Who Is To Blame?

As soon as the door closed with a click, (Y/n) back up against the wooden frame of the entry. The six remained quiet as they waited for the girl who was staring blankly at the empty space that Chris once occupied. Some tarried for (Y/n) to give some kind of reaction. They weren't used to this type of demeanor from the girl. Five of the six were becoming disquieted with her impassive attitude. On the other hand, Kaito was growing irritated with her unresponsive deportment. What he failed to discern is that (Y/n) was like a ticking time bomb that could set off at any moment with just one wrong move.

Kaito walked calmly and steadily with both hands in his pockets to where (Y/n) standing, motionlessly. Facing the girl, he stared at her hollow expression, trailing his sharp eyes to the spot at the front door. "Might as well face it (Y/n). Everything and everyone that you rely on will end up leaving you at some point. In a way...you should be thankful towards us that we've helped you realize the kind of friend, Corin, was with you. Regardless, I believe that she would've betrayed you in the long run of your friendship even if she didn't assist us in tracking you down."

That comment made (Y/n) change her gaze from the inanimate object to the spectacles wearing intellectual. Kaito grinned satisfyingly, after obtaining her undivided attention. "You see...why would you want to associate yourself with someone like Corin? That girl basically sells herself."

(Y/n)'s eyes slightly widen at the hint that Kaito verbally handed to her. "Though, I still don't quite believe your other friend, Chris will actually stay silent about this..." The male placed a hand to his chin in deep thought. "Maybe we should take care of hi--"

Kaito's statement wasn't fully annunciated due to a pair of hands clasping around his throat, the hands belonging to (Y/n).

The once dispirited countenance that she held was now replaced with overflowing wrath and all the pure intendment of asphyxiating the redheaded male. (Y/n) immediately threw him against the frame she had been leaning on prior to that time while still keeping a vise grip to his esophagus. Kaito was more confounded than petrified by the unexpected action from the (e/c) eyed female.

The others were just as taken aback--if not more-- by (Y/n)'s vitality, resulting for them to only stare in horror towards the girl. Kaito began to try and pry her hands off but was at complete loss for explanation for the tremendous amount of strength (Y/n) was outputting. She clenched her jaws tightly as she applied more pressure to his neck, causing Kaito to let out a hacking cough.

"You...have always been the one to have other people do your dirty work for you. At least have the guts to do it yourself, coward. You are not going to intimidate me again...but anything that you do to anyone I care about...I can guarantee you'll regret it. That's no threat, it's a promise." Ending her speech, she reapplied more heavy pressure on the male's throat.

The piceous haired male wanted to make an attempt in talking some sense into the female. Ren would be lying if he said he weren't afraid of (Y/n) at the moment. He had never seen this...truculent side of her before. The male pondered for a few moments before speaking out to (Y/n). ' Is this how we made (Y/n) feel in the past?'  The musician lifted his gaze up and walked closer to (Y/n) to prevent her from doing something she'll end up regretting later on.

"(Y/n), please! Calm down and let go of Kaito. If you kill him, it'll weigh deeply on you!"

However, the boy's words seemed to have slid against and over her subconscious. The extreme fury that burned in her being increased in volume. Kaito's body gradually began to fall limp from the absence of blood and oxygen, not circulating properly.

"(Y/n)! Killing him isn't going to bring you any good! The (Y/n) that we know cares about the life of each individual!"

Bako also chimed in, hoping he could get through to the (h/c) haired female. (Y/n) suddenly pulled Kaito off the surface behind him, grabbing both sides of his shirt and hurled his somewhat supraliminal body to the floor in an quick instant of adrenaline and rage that coursed through her body. Kaito landed on his back with blunt thud on the floor. He made an effort to recuperate his strength and posture, feeling his senses come back to him as Ryo kneeled down to help him sit up right.