Chapter 12- Her Secret

(Y/n) propped herself against the bedframe for support as she prepared to speak of the subject Corin had on her mind. "...Okay, then go ahead." There was reluctance on Corin's side of the line, but recalling the possible dire consequences that befall on her if she did not break off all contact with (Y/n), pushed her to make the decision of cutting their friendship.

"I think we would better off not talking to each other anymore, (Y/n)." The female sat frozen, staring off at nothing while trying to make sense of Corin's statement. (Y/n) forced herself to believe she was hearing things wrong due to her drowsy condition. She shook her head lightly to get rid of any effects of sleep. "Wait...you wh--"

"Don't make me repeat it again. I've thought about this for a while...and also I won't be going back to the university, nor will Chris." (Y/n) became more lucid with each word that left Corin's lips. She felt a mixture of anger and sadness-- but mostly anger-- slowly bubble inside her. "What the hell do you mean, you've been thinking about this for a while? Have you been planning to cut me off?" (Y/n) spoke out in a harsh tone of voice as the grip on her phone intensified, almost cracking the screen.

"As a matter of fact ,yes, I have been. Since we're not going to be seeing each other anymore, I figured what's the point? Besides you don't need me, you already have that group of guys at your feet. To me they seem as if they would do anything for you. Me and Chris are going to be attending the university here in my hometown. So this is the last time me and you will ever speak."

"Fine. If that's the way you feel, then so be it...I hope you have a good life, Corin." Ending their colloquy, (Y/n) chucked her phone to the side. She brought her knees to her chest, knowing she wouldn't be getting any shut eye for the remainder of the night. So she sat there as if she were a lifeless statue with a blank expression, waiting for the sunrise.

Timeskip

It was around 6:15 in the morning with everyone in the house still sound asleep, except for (Y/n), who grew melancholy of being in her room by herself. She left the room, letting her feet lead themselves to who knows where. As she turned the corridor, walking down the hallway, the sluggish female came to a stop, several steps away from the top of the staircase when she saw a certain champagne haired boy ascending the steps, yawning with a glass of water in hand.

Reaching the top of the stairs, Ryo lifted his weary eyes, landing them on (Y/n). His face lit up at the sight of her being alright and walking about, but his joyful air soon diminished when he took note of the dark circles under (Y/n)'s eyes, indicating the restless night she spent. "Angel. What are you doing up so early? You should be resting after what happened. I don't want the same incident to repeat itself." No words were heard from the sleep deprived female, she only gazed absentmindedly at the glass of transparent liquid in the boy's hold.

He discerned the girl's focus on the cup in his grasp and propounded her the drink. "Here. You can have--" Before Ryo could carry through with his offer, (Y/n) embraced him without warning, leaving the male to be astounded by the act. "(Y-Y/n)? What's wr--"

"Why is it always the people closest to you that end up disappointing you?" Ryo didn't exactly know how to respond to the female's query. He scratched the back of his neck in discombobulation. "Why do you ask that...? Is something troubling you, because you normally don't act like this." (Y/n) silently compressed her lock around the male's form. Ryo took this as a sign that something indeed had happened.

"Come on, (Y/n). Let's go to my room and talk about it."

Setting foot in the boy's cubicle, Ryo shut the door, placing the glass of water on his nightstand and directed (Y/n) towards a beige colored loveseat that was by a large window on the right side of the room. Expecting to feel the firm softness of the cushion seat beneath her, (Y/n) was puzzled when she sensed a source of heat radiance against her back. She whirled her head around to face the rosy smiling blond. "Thought you'd be more comfortable this way, angel."