Chapter 18- Shattered Trust

Before exiting the large complex, Jin had ran back up to his room to put on his hoodie, seeing as how the rain began to pour down on the earth. The rest went on ahead and carried on with the search not caring if they got wet but Jin being more prone to easily catch a cold to the rain he decided it be best to go out shielded from the storm.

Walking out and shutting the door from the dining area the brunet already pulled his hood over his head to keep his hair dry. Jin commenced taking steps across the patio as the strong winds proceeded to blow in his direction, causing him to latch his hands onto his hood to keep it from slipping off his head. Reaching the opposite end of the patio, the boy descended the four wooden steps to firmly place both feet on the grassy plains.

Jin squinted his eyes slightly, scanning the commodious backyard for the path to take in order to lead him to the small cottage where he'd be sure that (Y/n) would most likely be.

Pinpointing the trajectory his legs commenced taking long strides towards the determined locus. Jin continued to demarche through the trees, glancing briefly from side to side and hoping no one managed to catch a glimpse of him walking onto the unfamiliar path. He didn't wish for anyone to be following him and discover his secret hideout. A few minutes of walking had gone by when came into his field of vision the small house. The lights were powered on from the inside, indicating of a presence occupying the structure.

The male came to a stop at the front door, preparing to turn knob only to find it securely locked. Jin let out a huff of irritation due to the obstacle separating him from (Y/n). He transitioned his sights to the double windows on his right side. From the open blinds, Jin detected the (h/c) haired girl curled up with Fenrir, peacefully sleeping on the plush rug settled on the space between the medium-sized sitting furniture and an onyx electric fireplace that was mounted onto the wall in front at a low level.

Primarily, (Y/n) didn't notice when Fenrir had showed up at the cottage not at least until she heard scratching noises at the door as well as low whimpers. Though it was better that Fenrir had found (Y/n). Her fury friend was able to obtain the girl with alleviation in the midst of her existing situation.

Everything that has piled up on (Y/n) was leaving her mentally, emotionally, and physically exhausted. From losing her parents recently as well as her grandmother in the hospital, finding out about her illness that could potentially kill her, to learning about Corin's and the boys' scheming.

Exactly, just how much more could (Y/n) take?

Jin stared at the female for a few moments before proceeded to press his hands against the transparent glass in order to slide it up...and to his disappointment it was locked. The russet haired male moved to the second window in attempt to pry that one open instead. Yet again he received the same outcome just like from his previous efforts. He glared at the window as if mocking him and in a sharp state of vexation, Jin's fist made collision with the outside wall of the cottage.

The male expired out so he could soothe his thinning nerves. With his curled fingers still pressured upon the rough surface, he suddenly remembered the spare key he hid in the potted plant hanging from the ceiling, beside the entrance of the front porch.

Jin went back over to the entry, reaching his hand up to feel around inside the potted planted for the needed object. When he felt a cold metal graze along his fingertips, he quickly picked it up and lowered his arm down to brush off some of the dirt it had accumulated. He inserted the brass metal into the keyhole, twisting it clockwise and turned the knob.

Soundlessly, he entered the premises and cautiously closed the door. The first step he took, the floorboards produced a slight creaking sound that made Fenrir's ears perk up. Fenrir looked over at the approaching male and bared his teeth as low warning growls emitted from his throat. Fenrir thought it was possibly an intruder due to him not recognizing the person that still had the hood over his head, just barely covering his emerald eyes.