Chapter 20- Goodbyes Don't Last Forever

(Y/n) looked at the older male in slight puzzlement from the mentioning of a will left by her parents. "Will...? But how come I wasn't told about this?" Mr. Cygan nodded his head, understandingly, at the young female's addling character. "I comprehend your confusion completely, but I would appreciate it if we could speak in private that way I can further explain the details."

(Y/n) grew cogitative over the potential sections of the inhabitancy that could be deemed suitable enough to keep the meddlesome ones out of her business. She mentally repined as her muscles contracted for a second, knowing that in this abode even the walls have ears. ' Where exactly in this goddamn house is private?' As the girl mulled over her possible outcomes, Ren, who had been standing in the same room, listening along, offered the use of Kaito's study to her for the discussion of the exclusive matter. "(Y/n), you know you can use use Kaito's study. I'm sure he wouldn't mind."

(Y/n) gave the musician the cold shoulder and proceeded to ponder over her options. The female continued with ignoring the presence of the individual, standing a few meters behind her and made up her mind. She gestured for the older male to follow her. As they both neared towards where Ren was presently positioned, (Y/n) halted in her tracks beside the male and appointed Mr. Cygan where to walk ahead. (Y/n)'s amiable smile towards the executor instantly dropped as the older man left the two students. (Y/n) turned her head, casting her hard (e/c) eyes upon Ren.

"I really don't want anyone listening onto my conversation with the executor. That's why I disregarded your offer." Ren sensed a vibe of suspicion radiating from the female.

"Why do you distrust me so much?" The onyx eyed male inquired in a disgruntled tonality. (Y/n) could feel herself almost wanting to laugh at such a daft query entering her ears. She displayed a half smirk across her lips as she shook her head in minor disbelief.

"After everything that's happened you still have the audacity to ask me that?" Without another word, (Y/n) began to stroll towards the back entrance of the house but in the midst of her advancing footsteps, she felt a hand take a firm hold of her arm. The female shifted her attention to the owner of the hand and came direct with Ren's dark, narrowed eyes. In response, (Y/n) commenced attempting to break her joint free from his iron grasp, with each tug and pull creating friction against her (s/c) skin.

"You think I'm going to stand having you distrust me? Don't think I don't remember how you manipulated my feelings to escape the last time, but I forgave you. Why can't you do the same?"

"How do you expect me to forgive so easily again after having my trust being taken advantage of by you for the second time?" (Y/n)'s voice cracked halfway through her speech. So many mixed emotions pumped through the girl's system as her fighting will began to disintegrate. (Y/n)'s mind slowly altered into a state of heavy-hearted reminiscence.

"I actually believed that you could change even just a little...I was so stupid to trust you again.....why did I even bother? You'll never change because you don't want to...and everyone that's been or come into my life..... has ended up leaving..." (Y/n)'s vision leisurely drifted to the floor below with Ren's features gradually softening at her crestfallen countenance.

"Kaito was right. They all end up leaving you one way or another."

Ren released the girl's arm, using his hands to cup her face in a tender cradle. "I'm still here...for support and to make you happy, my muse." (Y/n) elevated her gaze to connected it with the pianist's sympathetic one. "How can I be happy when one of the sources of my pain is standing in front of me?" The remark had seemingly struck something within Ren. His expression had become blank and distant as if the words had put him in a unknown trance. An insufficient fraction of him always thought that (Y/n) still secretly saw him as one of the culpable causes for her pain, though he doesn't blame her. He knows as well as her that he is no saint but to hear it directly from his beloved was another thing. (Y/n) removed his hands from her face and left the unresponsive ravenette alone and to stare at the vacant space in front of him until he gathered his bearings.