Chapter 21- It's No Solution

(Y/n)'s hands began trembling as the firm grasp on the pair of scissors in hand weakened. She had never in her life cut herself, intentionally, but what made her think that self-harming would bring her any good? What if the others found out of what she had been doing?

The girl concluded that the cycle from her previous attempt to hurt herself would more than likely repeat in the present. (Y/n) commenced to grow furious yet wistful. She thought she had found some sort of alternate remedy from all the infelicity amongst her. With a change of mindset, (Y/n) gave the apical shears one last squeeze before she chucked them to some part of the room, then shuffled over to the edge of her bed, letting her form drop to her knees, pressing her face into the beige covers with her hands balled into tight fists, resting on each side of her head. (Y/n) has not yet passed through her boiling state, feeling stumped on how to find an escape for her brewing anger. (Y/n) longed for the days when she were by her grandmother's side, listening to her wisdom filled words that would render her guidance through the onerous events swamping her...though she was aware that just wasn't possible right now.

The female gave one deep huff, lifting her head back up as tears streamed down her cheeks. (Y/n) was fed up with crying over and over again but it was an action she couldn't cease from happening. Again, she felt her whole body burn from the urge of wanting to release her pent up tempestuousness, but how? It's not if she can take it out on someone else, which she clearly has done before but if (Y/n) were to really evaluate it throughly it wouldn't solve a thing. She couldn't help the negative voices plaguing her mind, making her think of herself as someone...

Pathetic.

That one specific word swam around in her thoughts, taunting her. She saw herself as someone even her past self might've not recognized if she were to meet her. The female without a doubt would've even pitied the person she has become.

(Y/n) continued to wipe the falling droplets from her face, only to have new ones form and take the same marked path down her (s/c) skin. She cradled her head in both palms while watching the never ending tears plop down onto the mattress, sniffling a couple times now and then. "How much longer will it take for this illness to end me?"

As (Y/n) dwelled upon her probable remaining days on the earth, each corner of her mentality was moderately being consumed by these morbid notions. (Y/n)'s light of hope in such a treacherous situation began diminishing within her soul. She thought if she were to let her illness take her away rather than her doing it by her own hand, it would maybe be just a little more easier for her family to handle the news when and if they receive it.

The once burning frustration that enveloped her frame had been long gone. All it was replaced by were hopeless and empty thoughts.

Eventually, her patellas were growing sore from kneeling too long on the ground. She scaled up to an stance, blankly scrutinizing her room until her eyes fell upon a certain inanimate object sitting on the vanity. It was a crystal clear glass figurine of an angel with her delicate hands joined together in a praying manner. The girl's memory automatically flipped back to when she received the figurine from none other than Ryo.

The remembrance of that bright smile as he presented it to her with pure enthusiasm and gaiety has seemed so sincere on that day, but now the once ingenuous gift now held no existing essence after the multiple stabs to her back. (Y/n) shifted her eyes to the covers as she pulled them back in an even movement. She climbed onto the bed, trying to make herself snug, lying on her side with an arm placed under her pillow. At this point in time all she could do was wait for her hour to come. Simply, now it was all the matter of a waiting game for her.