Chapter 26- Momentary Peace

Noel, Chris, and (Y/n) arrived to the apartment where the three of them would be settling up until they can figure out a solution to their current problem. It wasn't one of those high class apartment buildings where the rent would cost you an arm and a leg each month, figuratively speaking. Relatively, it had more of a welcoming aura to people that would step in to see. The complex also towered up to 10 floors, along with a lakeside view. Shortly after stepping off the elevator, the trio arrived at the door of Noel's apartment. He fished out his keys from his black backpack, hanging off his shoulder, sliding the key in to unlock the door. Noel gently pushed it open and allowed Chris and (Y/n) to enter first. "You guys can set your bags down while I go into the kitchen to fix us something to eat because I'm pretty sure we're all hungry."

"Thanks, man. I'll help you if you want."

"Nah. It's fine, Chris." Noel glanced at the spaced out female sitting down on the couch before continuing his next words. "Don't leave her alone right now." Was all Noel said before he disappeared into the next room. Chris looked over and took a place next to (Y/n). He carefully laid a hand on her head, examining her with concern. She didn't give an immediate response to the soft touch to her head, she merely stayed silent for a few moments before she finally broke down, emotionally. Chris wrapped her in an embrace all the while apologizing to her profusely about how he should have done something to help her in the first place. (Y/n) just weakly shook her head against his chest. "There's no reason to apologize.....I think...I would've ended up in their clutches one way or another...but I'm just thankful you came back."

"I wasn't prepared to just leave you to suffer in that house, especially after the history I found out about those guys with you from, Corin." Chris held the girl closer as he recalled on all the details he learned, having the feeling of unsettlement as well as anger growing inside. "But you're okay now. And I'm going to help you from here on out. I'm not going to leave you alone in this."

"...Thank you."

Currently, back at the hospital...

"You are an absolute imbecile! You were supposed to wait at the waiting room for (Y/n)!" Kaito whisper-yelled through his clenched teeth at the remorseful blond who avoided eye contact, looking down at the floor as he bit the inside of his cheek. Ren peered around the hallway to assure himself no one was around possibly eavesdropping. He heaved out a breath as he looked back at Ryo. "How...is it that you let (Y/n) leave without you..noticing?" Ren was trying his hardest to keep his calm demeanor without snapping the blond's somewhat scrawny neck. "I....I needed to use the bathroom but I wasn't planning on taking long because I knew I had to be in the waiting room...but then I passed by the nursery, staring at the cute newborns...then my mind started to...wander.." He gave a weak chuckle, seeing the intense fury and jealousy in the males' piercing gaze already having a pretty solid idea on what Ryo had been fantasizing.

Kaito had to look away, take a few steps to the side, pinching the bridge of his nose as he gathered his thoughts. "Ren, is there anything we can do to find out who she left with? Maybe have a look at the security footage?"

"Of course, that would be our only source. It's not like the staff can simply tell us who (Y/n) left with. That would go against the hospital's policy...but it's not going to be a walk in the park in order to get a look at the security footage." A smirk slowly began to spread across Kaito's lips. "I already have an idea in mind."

In the time it had taken for Noel to prepare something for the three of them to eat, Chris took the liberty to answer and explain how he was able to help her sneak away from Kaito and the rest of them, also mentioning where he was staying all this time. "So...Noel knows everything now? Including about my past with the guys?"

"Yeah. He says he wants to help you the best way that he can."

"But that's the thing. I didn't want him to get involved. Anyone who gets involved with Kaito and them...they always end up getting hurt."

"And I'm fully aware of the possible consequences. Based on what Chris had told me what's these guys are capable of...hmm, those kind of things don't scare me." The two students turned towards Noel who was balancing three plates of food in his arms, coming out of the kitchen. Chris quickly stood up to help him with the extra plate he was carrying and set it down on the coffee table in front of (Y/n). "Noel, we're talking about how you can potentially lose your life for just getting involved with me. How does that not scare you one bit?" Noel sat across the table from (Y/n). He opened his mouth but hesitated for a moment, choosing the words correctly in his head before saying anything.

"I've been through worse. I've seen worse happen to people that I knew...even those that I've loved. I guess..I can say that the hell that I've been through kind of desensitized me from situations like this. Which is why I can say it doesn't scare me." Chris nodded, understanding what he was referring to about his past. After quite a while of being friends with Noel, they opened up about past scars and what their childhood was like. (Y/n) had no knowledge of what tragedies Noel had lived through, but she could also understand his feelings and empathized with him.

After that brief conversation, Noel showed a kind smile and motioned for them to begin eating. The trio spent the afternoon talking about their first experiences of university and Noel about his memories in the four years he spent on that campus. Some were hilarious and weird while others were amazing and unforgettable, except the times where he would get stressed out about exams. Overall, for that afternoon Chris and (Y/n) were able to be at peace for the time being. Not to be thinking about the danger that still awaits them down the road.

What will happen next?

I'm the one writing this story and yet, I don't even know what will happen next. I'll see where my imagination takes me.