halloween dance

Next day- not much of a shocker there, we had this little assembly during lunch about people with facial deformities which I thought was kind of messed up since it was clearly pointed towards Eli, one of Miguel's friends. One of Sam's friends had turned around and started talking to Sam about the Halloween dance and what they should be, but Sam ended up turning her down and saying she was dressing up with Yazmine and Moon in which her friend turned away clearly upset.

Moon- so Julia, are you going to the dance?

Julia- oh uh yeah, I kind of have to since Miguel is going

Yazmine- Miguel?

Julia- he's my brother.

before Yazmine could saying anything else, Sam looked at me with a smile and spoke up.

Sam- what are you going to be? you can dress up with us! we are being laker girls!

Julia- oh uh I was just going to wear regular clothes to be honest, I can't afford that kind of costume

Yazmine laughed after I said that making Moon swat her in the arm and look at me 

Moon- no worries! you can wear mine an twin with Sam! I can just twin with Yazmine, I don't mind

Yazmine- *rolls eyes* so it's settled, you are going to be "hot" and twin with us. how thrilling

I shrugged off what Yazmine said, not allowing it to bother what. I had a feeling the costume they spoke about wasn't going to be mother approved. I was right when I said that too because when I got home after Moon gave me her costume, I went into my room to try it on in which the skirt was to my high thigh and the top was more revealing than a sports bra. I looked in the mirror as I tried to figure out what I can do since I know my Mami won't allow me out like this, I decided just to make a dash for the door since I remembered Mami was working, and Yaya was in her room. I made it to the door and had grabbed my keys but as I went to leave, my name was called.

Yaya- Julia!

Julia- yeah?

Yaya- ¿Estás llevando a Miguel al baile? (are you taking Miguel to the dance?)

Julia- ¡No! sus amigos se lo llevan, ¡nos vemos después de yaya! (no! his friends are taking him. I'll see you after, yaya!)

I opened the door and jogged over to my car that was gifted to me from my nana before I got in and drove over to the school. I got out of the car and headed inside the school, I made it to the gym and looked around for Sam and her friends. it took me a few moments, but I finally found them and jogged over, they looked at me and Sam smiled along with Moon.

Sam- ah you made it! you look amazing!

Moon- the costume fits you better than me! I'm jelly!

Julia- thank you, you all look great as well!

we all chatted and took a few photos before Yazmine started making fun of one of Sam's friends who was at the food table. I excused myself and went to grab some punch when I saw Miguel, he looked at me with a 'wtf are you wearing' look in which I looked away grabbing myself a cup. As I was drinking my punch, Sam had taken off with her boyfriend making me chuckle while Moon came over to me grabbing some punch for herself.

Moon- so I'm curious, how come you and your family came here?

Julia- well my mom got a new job, so she moved me, my yaya and brother here

Moon- you mention your brother a lot, does he go here?

Julia- exactly yeah, he does, he is the one in the skeleton costume googley eyeing Sam actually

Moon laughed at that as we continued to talk, it started to get close to the time that the dance was to end so I said my goodbyes to Moon and thanked her for the costume before I decided to leave. On my drive back home, I saw Robby riding on his skateboard. me being me, I pulled over and stopped my car right by him causing him to stop his board and look towards my car. I rolled down my windows causing him to lean down and look through the window seeing it was me.

Robby- Julia? uh what are you doing out?

Julia- well my school had a Halloween dance, hint the costume. what are you doing skateboarding at night? do you need a ride?

Robby- uh I can see that now; I mean if you don't mind giving me one. I'm just going home

Julia- I don't mind, hop in. ignore the crap in the car

Robby got in the car and put his board in the back, I started to drive after he gave me the address to his house. I continued to drive as he told me where to go, well at least tried too anyways.

Robby- turn here

Julia- here??

Robby- yes, turn here! *chuckles*

I turned left but as I did so there was a car coming so I turn the wheel harder to the left to avoid the car which caused Robby to fall left from his seat since he never buckled himself in. As he fell, he had to caught himself which caused his hand to grab onto my upper thigh along with his face half on the side of my chest. I felt my face go bright red as I tried to get the car back into a straight line, as I was doing this, he was trying to stop himself from completely falling so he slide his hand from my thigh in between my legs so that he could use the seat to lift himself up. why did I agree to wear this costume?! I finally got the car straight as he quickly lifted himself up, I kept looking at the road as he situated himself and looked out the window.

Robby- uh s-sorry, I didn't mean to um y- you know

Julia- oh it's f-fine, my fault. I didn't uh see the car um coming.

the car was silent for a few more moments, I kept my gaze on the road and the mirrors as I let out a shaky breath.

Julia- so uh about yesterday with your friends, what was that all about?

Robby- just some side hustles 

Julia- side hustles? so like drug dealing right? *chuckles*

i felt him look at me right after those words left my mouth before he looked back out the window

Robby- what are you talking about?

Julia- I WAS kidding, but now I'm not. Robby, are you selling drugs?

Robby- just a side hustle

I looked at him for a spilt second before looking back at the road, I felt my hands clench on the wheel as I kept driving. we didn't talk for the remainder of the ride. Once we got to his house, I had parked the car before getting out, I saw him trying to get out making me shake my head as I jogged over to his side and opened the door so he could get out.

Julia- doors broken on this side, forgot to tell you

he nodded as he got out after grabbing his board, I shut the door and started walking back over to the driver's side, Robby stopped walking making me look at him as I was about to get into the car.

Robby- listen, the reason I do what i do is for the money. if you saw how I lived than you would understand that.

Julia- *scoffs* you don't think I would understand needing money?

Robby- I mean the way you dress right now, that costumes what? $50 dollars maybe more all together

Julia- wow. way to judge a book by the cover, Robby. this isn't mine, Moon let me borrow it since I couldn't afford one. my car is a rundown one that my nana gave me in which clearly shows I don't have alot of money and I live in a crappy apartment with 3 people not including me.

I got into the driver side but before I could shut the door, Robby had stopped me making me look at him slightly annoyed.

Robby- just don't tell anyone about this, okay?

Julia- sure, whatever you want.

he backed away from the door so I could close it before I took the car out of park, and I started backing out as he kind of just stood there watching. how did the night take this turn? it went from good, to odd, to me leaving annoyed. what the hell.