court

Robby had his court today; we all know how it's going to end but yet I stilled showed up to support him even though I said I wouldn't. The room was filled with some people, not any that I knew. Johnny was here, he was dumb enough to bring Miguel with him. Robby hates Miguel always has, and it seems that he always will. Johnny and Miguel sat two rows behind me, I refused to sit with them for my own reasons. The court began and Robby came out in handcuffs and shackles, my heart seemed to skip a few beats seeing him. He seemed to be scanning the room till his eyes landed on mine, I gave him a slight nod in which he did right back before he was seated.  

Judge- Robert Keene, you were being charged with assault and battery, attempt of manslaughter, along with resisting arrest and serviced 90 days in correctional center. you are now being charged with assaulting a police officer, resisting arrest and violating parole. you will spend 7 months in the correctional center until you turn 18 than being transferred to State Jail where you will be sentenced to 2 years to 2 years and 6 months.

Robby- your honor, that's ridiculous *cuts off*

Johnson- your honor, what I think Robert is about to say is Miguel Diaz made a full recovery after the fight. His family didn't press any charges. I don't think it's right to hold that charge against him when he already served his 90 days.

Judge- Is there any testifiers to back up your statement, Ms. Johnson?

Johnson- there is, your honor. Miguel is actually here today, in this room.

I looked back at Miguel who stood up once Johnson had looked at him, he looked at me as I turned my head away from him.

Miguel- uh your honor. after the fight, I did make a full recovery. It was a hard recovery but with the help of family, I was able to recover just fine with no complications. 

Judge- It is nice to see you made a full recovery, Mr. Diaz. I wish you and your family the best.

Miguel nodded and sat back down next to Johnny, I kept my eyes focused on the judge and Robby.

Judge- based off the recent information, I will drop the charge that were placed against you after the fight. your sentence has dropped to 12 to 18 months in State Jail.

Robby- your honor. I'm going to be honest when I say this shit is ridiculous. I don't think I should be charged with the same shit that I already was charged with last year. I don't think I even should be going to juvie or jail over one stupid mistake. I didn't even do anything wrong here.

I shook my head as I ran my finger through my hair. I whispered 'shut up, Robby' not really expecting him to hear me till I saw his head whip around and look at me. I could see the anger written all over his face and the wrath that was coming with it.

Robby- Jules, for once. shut the hell up!

Judge- Mr. Keene. what did you just say to her?

I froze in my own spot, if my heart wasn't racing, it was now. I can't tell if it is because the judge seems really pissed off now or if it's because Robby just yelled at me. 

Judge- I understand your upset, but I do not tolerate disrespect in my court room. I was going to try to a plea deal with you, but I'm holding you at 18 months with no possibility of parole until 9 months into your sentence.

The sound of his gavel hitting his stand made me jump in my seat. I watched as Robby was taken out of the courtroom clearly pissed off. I sighed before standing up and walking out the doors, I started walking down the stairs but was stopped when I heard my name called. I stopped and turned around seeing Johnson running over to me.

Johnson- hey, look I know you're really upset right now with what happened. but I can try to talk to the judge and get him a suspended sentence. It's stricter than parole but it's better than him being in jail for the full year.

Julia- do what you think is best for him, I'm done with it.

Johnson- what are you talking about? Julia, I know you are upset right now but he needs you a lot more than he did before. he needs all of the support he can get right now.

Julia- than find someone like his dad for that matter to give him that support, I'm done with it all. I'm done with the arrests, the fighting, the courtroom, all of it.

Johnson- okay, you can't drive right now. you are clearly pretty upset, why don't I take you to get some ice cream or something to cool off?

Julia- I'm okay, I rather go home and sleep it off. 

Johnson- well how will you get home because I refuse to let you drive?

i sighed in frustration as I looked at her. I knew that fighting this will only end in me losing so I gave in. I mumbled a 'fine' under my breath before I followed her to her car. Just like the other day, we went to get ice cream and we ate it in her car. she didn't say anything and neither did i, probably for the best, might I add.

Johnson- I can probably get his sentence down, if I just talked to some other witnesses. Robby was pretty dumb for saying the things he did in court; he shouldn't have done it. I can possibly get him that suspended sentence like I mentioned but it will take longer than I think you want it to

Julia- like I said, do what you think is best for him. I really am over all of this, it's like a push and pull with him. 

Johnson- *sighs* I understand why you are so upset; believe me I do. but giving up on him is the last thing you should do.

Julia- I'm not giving up on him, I'm just simply not caring as much as I did

I looked at her and the look on her face clearly showed that she wasn't impressed with my statement. hell, she looked upset with it.

Johnson- you seriously should stop it with the 'I don't care' attitude you have going on. I know this is hard for you to handle at your age, but you have to think about how hard it might be for him. does that make up for his actions? no, of course not but it still counts for something. he really needs you; Julia and I know you care an need him just as much.

Julia- are you sure you aren't a couple's counselor or something?

she let out a chuckle as I shook my head with a slight smile, I felt my phone buzz in my pocket, so I pulled it out and saw a text from Sam.

Sam- hey! me, Yasmine and Moon are going to the waterpark with some of the Miyagi do's if you would like to join us! I know life has been pretty sucking for you lately.

Julia- yeah, I'll be there.

Sam- awesome! just meet us here since we are already here!

great. now I get to see Moon, this should be lovely. not.