unspoken secret

Julia- You wanna know what I'm so afraid of Robby?! Losing you! Yes, you are the one who he is being locked away but I'm also getting affected by this! I can't see you when you go until I'm 18 which isn't for almost 4 months! I have to sit at home and wait hoping that you didn't get into a fight or praying that you weren't beaten too badly! I'm afraid that when you go, your bail won't be posted, and I will lose you! I'm afraid to see you because I know that when I do, I have to say goodbye each time and I won't know if that will be our last because who knows what those two are capable of! I was there at the beach, they could have done some serious damage so yes, I'm afraid of seeing you, Robby because I don't want to say goodbye!

Johnson- Okay, let's take a breather. I was the one who said she was afraid, so there wasn't any reason for you to snap at her. Let's pump the breaks on this before you both blow a fuse.

Robby looked at Johnson with a stone-cold look as I kept my attention on him.

Robby- Why are you even here? You only ever show up when you have to or when needed to, so what?

Johnson- You mom actually sent me. She wanted me to tell you something because she couldn't herself.

Robby- Nothing new. What is it?

Johnson- She wanted me to tell you that, she went back to rehab which is why she hasn't been able to see you. She fell off the deep end again when she was off with one of her 'boyfriends' and she admitted herself. She wanted me to tell you that she loves you and will try her hardest to call you, she wanted to say that she isn't mad at you for getting here. She's actually proud to see you trying to better yourself.

Robby- Of course she is in rehab. She hasn't been there when I was there so her not being here makes no difference. She did drugs when I was there so her doing it when I'm not, not a shocker. Honestly, her saying she's "proud". Proud of what? Me becoming like her because I'm sure as hell not.

Julia- What do you mean your becoming her? Robby, what are you talking about? Why are you so upset?

He looked at me again, he kept the same expression, but it was flattening.

Robby- I can't escape the past, just like her. I have been going in and out of juvie, an getting into trouble just like her. I kept repeating my past, just like her. I make everyone around me miserably because I'm afraid to be alone, just like her.

Julia- You're not her, Robby. I know this is part of it, but there's more to it. There's a bigger reason to why you are so upset.

Robby- It's everything.

Julia- Be more specific, Robby. Everything can literally mean anything.

Robby looked at his lap than back at me, I could see his eyes glazing over just like they had before.

Robby- I have to see Trey and Cruz again. I won't be able to see you anymore, until you were able to come see me. My dad hasn't made much effort to see me besides that one time. Mr. Larusso doesn't want anything to do with me. You are going to start getting busy with teaching Anthony karate while I'm stuck in a cell meaning I won't hear from you. My mom is officially gone which means even if I wanted to, I can't call her because I've seen how it works in rehab and with her even you know that. And more. I have every right to be scared, upset, angry, and even depressed when all of this is happening. I'm only 17. I shouldn't have to be dealing with all of this shit.

Johnson- But you put yourself in this position, Robby and you brought her into this.

Julia- No. I brought myself into this, I could easily walk away and left him to deal with this on his own, but I didn't.

Johnson- You're right, that is my fault for assuming.

There was an awkward silence between us all. No one really said anything until I did.

Julia- So when did my brother come to see you?

Robby- Uh a week or two before Christmas. I thought he was coming to yell at me or something, but nope he just started talking about how you have been acting an saying how you care about me alot blah blah than it went into us both apologizing and agreeing to drop our issues for your sake.

Julia- My sake? Why me?

Robby- Because he's your brother and we can't really be together if your brother wants to kick the back of my head all the time so.

I nodded not really knowing what else to say. I fiddled with my pants before Robby spoke up again.

Robby- So I heard you have been staying at Xander's.

There's that snarky tone. I looked at him and chuckled.

Julia- Yeah well, he got over his crush on you and found himself another man so.

Robby- Oh and who might that be?

Julia- Oddly enough, Alex who is actually Johnson's kid.

Johnson- Wait what?

I looked at her confused, didn't she know?

Julia- Did you not know? I thought Alex told you.

Johnson- Told me what?

Julia- That he's dating Xander?

Johnson- I didn't even know he was gay.

I felt a pin drop in my stomach at her words. I heard Robby trying to stop himself from laughing as he covered his mouth, I didn't know what to say or how to change the subject.

Julia- How did you not know? I thought it was obvious!

Johnson- No, it wasn't obvious.

Robby let out a loud laugh as he tried to cover it up with a cough. Johnson looked at him and I could see that she wasn't enjoying this.

Johnson- You think this a funny, Robby?

Robby- Uh no, not at all.

Johnson- Yeah you won't be laughing much longer.

Johnson stood up and walked out of the room causing me to look at Robby with a 'are you kidding me' stare as he put his hands up in mock surrender.

Robby- What did I do?

I shook my head as I chuckled before standing, he waved at me with a goofy grin on his face as I returned one and walked out. I got outside and called a uber seeing as Johnson was gone. I had to wait a bit before it showed up, I didn't say a word but a felt a pit in my stomach when I got to Xander's. I let out a sigh before walking to the door, I opened it and heard sobs coming from the living room. I ran in and saw Xander crying on the couch.