a wise talk

A few months have passed. It's December by now. I haven't spoken or went to see Robby since our "fight". I have been training Anthony in his dad's dojo every day after school since I dropped out last year considering I never went. Robby and I would have been seniors this year. Anyways, I started working at the American Eagle. That was really the only job that would take me without a high school diploma. These past couple months, I have been either hiding in the spare bedroom or out with Anthony or work. I never had any of reason to leave, well before I jinx myself. 

Moon was gone at school, so I was alone in the house. I have been living with her since everything that happened. I was just on my phone wearing Robby's sweats and his blue sweatshirt that he had left in my car. I know we broke up, but I still like to wear his things. I heard a knock on the door which confused me, but I got up anyways and walked down the stairs. Another loud knock rang through causing me to roll my eyes out of annoyance thinking Moon had forgotten something, but I was wrong. I opened the door and Miguel stood there.

Julia- What are you doing here? How did you even know I was here?

Miguel- Uh Moon told me, but listen Johnny is having a small get together at his house for Christmas. He didn't want to be alone since you know he doesn't have Robby with him so I was thinking you could come so that way we can still spend Christmas together. Mom won't be there, I promise.

Julia- Him not having Robby is his fault, he is the reason Robby is even in Juvie again.

Miguel- What?

Julia- Yeah, Johnny never told him that they were going across State lines to get you. Robby just assumed they were spending time together, since that's what Johnny told him.

Miguel- I didn't know that I just assumed Robby knew.

Julia- Don't even try to defend Johnny. He has been doing that enough himself.

I started closing the door as I heard him say 'so Christmas' but I had already slammed the door. I sighed to myself and walked back upstairs choosing to hide in there until Anthony was done with school. Once it was time to go pick him up, I got up and walked out to my car. I was happy to see Miguel had left so I didn't have to deal with that. I got in my car and drove to the school since I have been picking him up every day for training. I waited in the pickup line until all the kids started piling out, Anthony came out and jogged over to my car after waving bye to Lia making me laugh to myself as he got in.

Julia- Talking to your little girlfriend I see

Anthony- Shut up, she's not my girlfriend!

I rolled down my window as Lia was walking by, Anthony started hitting my arm to stop me, but I ignored him.

Julia- Hey! Your Lia, right?

Lia- Uh yeah? 

Julia- Would you like a ride home? Anthony here has been talking about you non-stop recently!

Lia- Oh uh sure!

She walked over to my car and got in the back; Anthony had sunk into his seat completely red face as I started to drive.

Lia- You aren't being kidnapped right?

Anthony- I wish that's what's happening here.

I had gotten to the first stop light and Anthony was talking to Lia, well more of making a fool out of himself which only made me bite back a laugh before I chose to help him out.

Julia- So Lia, have you ever heard of Miyagi-do?

Anthony- Jules. 

Lia- Uh it's that karate dojo, right? The one Daniel LaRusso owns?