all valley

I haven't spoken to Robby since the Canyon incident; I didn't really know what to say to him if I'm honest. I didn't have much time to think about it since today was Miguel's tournament for karate, I had decided to go so I could support Miguel. I drove myself over there since everyone else had already left, and I wanted to ride alone. Once I arrived, I walked inside the building and saw a bunch of people in the stands, and everyone was already out. I saw Robby standing alone making me sit my gaze and I looked around till I spotted Moon, she looked at me confused as I went over and sat next to her an Hawk's friend Demetri.

Moon- I didn't think you were coming, I thought you and Robby had a fight

Julia- I'm not here for him, Miguel's also competing.

she nodded as we shifted our gaze to the mats, the fights begun, and I can't tell you that I understand anything that is happened because I really don't. I cheered when I needed to and even caught myself doing it when Robby fought too, I just couldn't help myself. the semi- finals started, and it was Robby verse Hawk, Hawk scored and so did Robby. I was laughing at Moon's cheering for Hawk when I noticed Robby had said something to Hawk, most likely light banter when Hawk got mad and kicked Robby right in the shoulder knocking him on the ground. I grabbed Moon's hand as she looked at me, my heart was racing. Johnny ran over to Robby which confused me slightly till he walked back over to Hawk, I watched Robby walk out of the room, so I looked at Moon who nodded at me.

I ran off the bleachers and past a few people as I went to the locker room, I let out a shaky breath as I walked in. Robby was sitting on the bench with his Gi half off his shoulder, it looked pretty bad. he must have heard my footsteps because he looked up an seemed slightly confused as to why I was there.

Robby- this is the boy's locker room, you know?

Julia- you're the only one in here, so I don't care

Robby- so uh you watched me fight?

Julia- yeah, I did, you did amazing out there. how's your shoulder?

Robby- hurts alot, that asshole really couldn't contain himself

we stayed silent for a few moments before i sighed and moved closer to him so I was in front of him, he looked up at me as I was looking down at him.

Julia- why did you leave?

Robby- what?

Julia- at the canyon. you took off with Sam, you didn't even say anything to me and let alone you didn't answer my text all day

Robby- I'm not sure why I left with her. so much was happening at once and I just wanted to get out of there, my phone died during training with Mr. LaRusso. I just never had a chance to answer

I nodded as I felt something in my hand, I looked down at it and saw he was holding onto my hand. I returned the grip and moved so I was more on the side of him instead of directly in front of him.

Julia- why did Johnny run over to you when you got hurt?

Robby- *scuffs* you know him? that dirtbag just so happens to be my dad. 

Julia- really? I honestly had no idea; he has been training Miguel for a while now. I guess I never put two and two together

Robby- when you talk about Miguel, he's your brother right?

I nodded as Robby shook his head with a tiny smile, we didn't get to say anything else as Daniel walked in., he started giving Robby this pep talk that I didn't understand but he ended up calling in the medic. the medic came in and Robby had to remove the top of his Gi, I let out a slight cough as I looked away from a clearly amused Robby. she ended up having to relocate in shoulder as I held onto his hand the whole time for sport. I refused to look back at him till his Gi was on for my own reasons. Robby decided he wanted to fight so we walked out of the locker room, I stopped him before we went out fully and gave him a quick kiss.

Robby- what was that for?

Julia- just some good luck, figured you would need it

he chuckled as I let go of his hand and walked with Daniel, once we got to the sides of the mat the announcer started to announce the final match. The fight started and it was going good till Miguel hit Robby's shoulder, I was shocked. Daniel called a timeout as we both ran over to Robby; Miguel was watching me clearly pissed off as Daniel was talking to Robby. I looked at Miguel with a glare before Daniel and I went back to our spot so the fight could continue. Miguel ended up pulling on Robby's bad arm just to score a point, and he won after hitting Robby twice in the shoulder and the stomach. I ran over to Robby and helped him up along with Daniel as we walked over to the bleachers, Johnny came over and Robby point blank told him to leave him alone. we ended up following Daniel out of the building after Robby changed, i walked to my car as Robby followed once he finished talking to Daniel. we got in and I started the car

Robby- Mr. LaRusso wants us to meet him at his dojo? he didn't say why but just asked us to

Julia- uh alright, just tell me how to get there

he nodded and told me exactly how to get there based off of the directions Daniel gave us, once we got there Daniel was waiting for us by this fence. we walked over to him, and he opened it, we walked by these cars before following Daniel.

Robby- so this is where you hide all the bodies?

Daniel- *chuckles* I know I said that you have to let go of anger and show forgiveness but when a fight comes to you, you need to be ready to fight. and with that, we'll need more students. welcome to Miyagi do karate.

Daniel flicked on this light and the place lit up, it was pretty much a dojo in his back yard. I looked around at the place in 'awe', I moved away from the two as I walked down a little more to get a glimpse of everything.

Julia- it's so beautiful here, did you build this?

Daniel- a man I knew, his name was Mr. Miyagi. he actually had me build this for my own training, it was well worth it.

Robby- I'd say so, look at all this. are you going to open up your own dojo, Mr. LaRusso?

Daniel- that's the plan, with cobra kai getting bigger and things seemly getting worse. kids need to learn to protect themselves so by opening up this, I think it could be very helpful to them.

I nodded as I looked back at them, Robby had a smile on his face as he was looking at everything. Daniel looked at me with his hands in his jacket pockets as I looked at him.

Daniel- did you ever congraualte your brother today?

Julia- nope, I don't congratulate that kind of behavior. cobra kai changed him, not for the better.

Daniel looked at Robby who looked at me, I looked at both of them a little confused till Daniel spoke again.

Daniel- I was thinking about something, Julia.

Julia- and that would be?

Daniel- seeming as you and Robby are a couple, I think if you uh pick up some karate it could be a great way to help you two grow and also help you as a person. 

Julia- are you asking me to join your dojo, Daniel?

Daniel- *chuckles and smiles* only if you want to

i looked at Robby who had this excited look on his face, I couldn't help but smile myself as at the thought of learning some karate. I looked back at Daniel who seemed to be waiting for my response.

Julia- yeah okay, I'll learn some karate. no promises I'll be any good at it though

Robby- it's okay, with the way he teaches you will be just fine at it

I chuckled as we all looked around some more before Daniel figured it was time to go, Robby and I got back in my car, and I started to drive us home. he held onto my hand that wasn't on the wheel the whole ride. maybe this will be good for us, maybe learning this will help me as a person. I caught myself gripping onto the wheel as I still held that anger in my chest, I wasn't happy with Miguel and just replying to the scene over and over in my head made me angrier. what happened to him? how did things turn this bad for him? did I fail to protect him?