letter to you

Friday. Miguel had his surgery this morning and i was just going to miss school to attend to it, but Yaya said it was best if I went to school than visited him after work. I didn't feel like arguing so I just went to school. Lunch rolled around like normal, I sat with my normal group of friends when Demetri came over with this sheet that had something under it and sat down making me look at him.

Demetri- hey you ready to rock? with our science presentation *talking to Yazmine*

Yazmine- I'm ready to go back to a world where we didn't have to talk everyday

Demetri- hey hey! my popularity is rising while yours is declining. maybe we could meet in the middle with a sexual Venn diagram

I laughed along with Moon as Yazmine gave Demetri a disgusted look, I took a sip out of my water as Demetri showed us what was under the sheet. it was a pretty cool volcano Lego set with a bunch of other things added to it. it was pretty sick if you ask me. we all looked at it as Yazmine pressed the button, smoke came out of the top of it as we all watched in amazement.

Julia- wow, you did this all by yourself?

Demetri- pretty much! and hey your parents won't have to pay for another A again after this project

we all nodded along as he explained to Moon about how the project worked and stuff, out of nowhere this soccer ball came crashing down onto a table breaking the project into pieces as I heard Hawk laughing with the cobra kai's. I stood up and grabbed the soccer ball as Hawk came over

Hawk- sorry man, looks like my ball got away from me.

Demetri- that took me 3 weeks to build.

Hawk- yeah and it took my ball three seconds to destroy. hey Diaz, pass me that ball would ya?

I rolled my eyes as I chucked it at him causing it to hit his chest with slight harsh impact

Hawk- watch it, Julia. just be grateful I'm giving you a free pass because of what happened to Miguel.

Julia- if you think by acting this way will get Moon back, your wrong. why don't you just go back over to your little friends and leave us all alone, yeah?

Hawk- and if I don't? what are you going to do? kick me over a balcony just like your little boyfriend did to Miguel?

I looked at Hawk in disbelief as Sam came over, I didn't care to be involved in their little karate war, so I walked over to my bag and grabbed it, I heard Moon calling my name as I stormed out f the lunchroom. I stormed into the girl's bathroom and stood in front of the mirror, I don't know why I did this, but I just got so worked up that I ended up punching the mirror. I let out a cry as my fist collided with the glass, I immediately retracted my hand and grabbed it right as Moon ran into the bathroom. she ran over to me as she looked at my hand before grabbing paper towels to put on my now bleeding knuckles. she took me to the nurse as we sat there while she examined it, after she wrapped it and gave me some ice, she told me to head to the office since I was going to need to explain this to the principal. I walked out and started heading there with Moon behind me

Moon- wait please! I want to talk!

Julia- what is it?

she looked at me as she sighed, I knew she was just trying to help like a good friend, but I don't think a positive talk will help me in this situation.

Moon- I'm sorry for what Hawk said in there, it was really out of line.

Julia- don't apologize for his actions, he isn't your responsibility

Moon- I know but it feels like he is, I dated him

I sighed and looked at her, I walked over to her and hugged her. she didn't reject it and hugged me back before I pulled away. I gave her a small smile and walked into the office, the principal was already waiting for me as I walked in and sat down in the chair.

Mr. Lopez- I'm going to get right into this and say I'm shocked to see you in here, Miss. Diaz. this doesn't seem like you.

Julia- yeah, I don't even know what 'me' is anymore.

Mr. Lopez- *sighs* listen, I know things have been hard for you and your family. but before this I have watched your grades drop. you went from a B+ all the way to a D- in a span of a few months, that was before the accident. I also got word you were with that boy who was in the fight.

Julia- can we not talk about this, please?

he looked at me and shook his head as I shifted in my seat, he folded his hands on the table as I shifted my gaze to the floor.

Mr. Lopez- I just want to help you get through all of this, help you succeed. you are a great student, Julia. with that being said, I did contact your mom and said I was sending you home for the day. the mirror that you broke will need to be paid for an I do have to suspend you for damaging school property.

Julia- seriously? it was one mirror, sir. I have already missed so many days and this is only going to set me back more than I already am.

Mr. Lopez- you will get right back on track, after your suspension. you are excused.

I looked at him for a little while longer before I stood up and walked out, I walked out the school door and went straight to my car. I got in as I started to drive, I made the choice to try to visit Robby again. I know it's messed up since I did break up with him, but i needed to see him. I arrived and walked inside, the man at the desk looked at me as he waited for me to speak. I told him who I was here to see, and he nodded before heading to the back, I stood by the desk till he came back.

Officer- Mr. Keene, doesn't want to see anyone at the moment.

Julia- wait? did you tell him it was me?

Officer- *nods* he still declined the visit. we can't force him.

I was shocked to say the least but just nodded at the man, I gave him a silent thank you before walking back to my car. I sat in there for a few moments as I tried to collect my thoughts. I let out a sigh and drove to the store. Once I walked in, I looked around and bought a few items before driving myself home. I went to my room and dumped everything out on my bed, I than walked to my Yaya's room and grabbed a box out of her closet before heading back to my room. I started packing everything in there as I looked at it all. I sighed and sat down at my desk before I started to write a letter, all of this was for Robby.

 I know he doesn't want to see me but that doesn't mean I'll just never speak to him again. this is my only way of maybe trying to make peace, so that's what I'm going to do. After I finished the letter, I put it in an envelope before sticking that in the box as well. I tapped it up and wrote down the address an everything I need to. I carried it to my car before getting inside and driving all the way to the post office. I dropped the box off and started heading home, I hope he knows I'm trying. I'm trying to make this work even if I broke his heart.

Dear Robby,

                   I know I'm probably the last person you want to hear from. I understand that. I just want you to know I am still here even if you want me to be or not. I'm sorry for leaving. I should have stayed with you. but sitting here and wishing for things to be different won't change anything, all I can do is try to make things better. I hope you like these things, I wanted to send them all to you so that you felt a little more at home even though you're not. I love you, Robby. 

P.S- I'm sorry, again.

                                                                     Sincerely, Jules