the card

about another week or so had gone by, my suspension had ended a few days ago but I still didn't attend school. Miguel got home from the hospital not too long ago and has been undergoing physical therapy to help him regain feeling in his legs. Johnny comes by when mom is gone to 'help Miguel' but I see it as him pushing the boy past his limits just to get him to walk again. besides all of that, I have been sending Robby things almost every other day through the mail. I know he gets mail on Sunday's, so I just hope he appreciates the things I have sent him. I usually drop the things off there after work since it was easier for me to go without my family being nosy. I still haven't tried to visit Robby after he rejected it the first time, I don't blame him though. I deserved it. 

Today was like any other day, I got off of work and was driving home. Xander ended up texting me to hang out, I was going to decline since I told my Yaya I would help mom with Miguel, but I just decided to do it anyways. i drove to his place and picked him up before driving him back to my apartment, I walked into the apartment with him since no one was home expect my mom who was in the kitchen. she turned to us and gave me a smile.

Carmen- who's this?

Xander- it's nice to meet you Ms. Diaz, I'm Xander.

they shook hands as I placed my keys on the table and removed my shoes

Carmen- please call me Carmen, you two hungry? 

Julia- I'm all good, we will just be in my room

Carmen- wait Mija, I want to talk to you first

I looked at her confused before looking at Xander, I told him where my room was, so he walked there leaving me along with my mom.

Carmen- he's cute, when did you meet him?

Julia- uh at the basketball court, he saw me playing and just joined.

she smiled at me, and I already knew where this was going making me internally roll my eyes at the thought.

Carmen- so are you two like talking or?

Julia- we are friends, mami. nothing more.

Carmen- *sighs* look if that's because of what happened with your last boyfriend, I think you should *cuts off*

Julia- it has nothing to do with Robby, okay? besides he has his own preferences if you understand what I'm saying

she looked at me confused for a few moments before her eyes widened in realization. I groaned internally and walked out of the kitchen an headed to my room where Xander was looking at the photos of my bulletin board. I did a dramatic fall on my bed as he looked at me chuckling.

Xander- you have some nice photos on here, is the brown hair one Robby?

Julia- yeah, that's when we were on our second date. it was actually at a food court and that's the same day I bought him a bracelet with my initials.

Xander- that's so cheesy *laughs* what about this one?

Julia- oh, that's when we were training at Miyagi do, my old dojo. we had just got done falling into the koi pond for the 100th time

Xander- he's hot, I can see why you went with him

I looked at him shocked as I threw my pillow at him as he laughed harder, he grabbed it and threw it back at me before lying next to me. we talked for the most part, mainly just about how things have been going and we ended up in a deep conversation when he pointed out my hand.

Xander- I think he will come around; I don't know him personally but if he really loves you than he will

Julia- yeah well Robby isn't the most forgiving to those who hurt him. I won't be shocked if he ghosts me for the rest of my life

Xander- let's not think like that, have trust in him with this. heart break takes a while to get over and same with trust, just give him time

I nodded as we talked some more, I ended up driving him home since it started getting late. Once I said my goodbyes, I drove myself back home. I walked in and went into the kitchen; I grabbed a water and chugged it down as I went to throw it out. I saw a letter in the trash, confused I grabbed it out and saw it was addressed to me from the Juvenile detention place. I quickly threw away my empty bottle before running to my room and shutting the door. I sat down on my bed as I slowly started to open it, my heart was racing again. I pulled out this card that was made out of a piece of paper, my hands were shaking. I slowly opened it and only two words were on the page, but for some reason those two words meant the whole world to me. "thank you" were all that was written along with his name, I smiled to myself at the thought of him writing back.

I threw away the envelop and stood up before walking to my bulletin board, I took a pin and used it to hang the 'card'. As I did that, I was about to text Moon when I heard a knock on my door. I opened it and saw Miguel; he was in a yellow shirt and pants looking like he was about to go somewhere.

Miguel- do you have a minute? I'm about to go with Senesi but I wanted to talk to you about something

Julia- yeah, sure

i moved so he could wheel himself in before I shut my door again, I sat down on my bed so that I wasn't standing while he spoke. I watched him look around the room and I knew he saw the board, but I didn't say anything to him as he looked at me again.

Miguel- that card is new, is it from him?

Julia- no- uh well- maybe?

Miguel- I thought you ended things with him, that's what mom and Yaya were talking about

Julia- i did end things with him, but it's not that simple to let go of someone you love

he sighed as he looked into his lap, part of me hurt knowing that I'm probably hurting Miguel but i couldn't just lie to him either about it all.

Miguel- are you going to get back together with him when he's out? because that's a long time to wait for someone

Julia- I don't know, he's not really too fond of me at this very moment. but I'll wait as long as I need to for him. I'm sorry that's probably upsetting you

Miguel- *shakes head* don't be sorry, it's your life and your choices. I can't sit here and saw I'm happy with it, but I know how much you love him; you always have loved him. I can't lie either and say he didn't make you happy either.

Julia- thank you, Miggy. you should get going, Johnny will get annoyed if you make him wait too long

Miguel- *chuckles* you're right, I'll see you in the morning

I nodded as I stood up and hugged him, he returned it before I opened the door for him. Once he was out of my room, I closed the door again and sat on my floor. this is my life, so why am I not making my own choices?