trust

The silence was dreadful. Johnson looked at me and my stomach was turning in knots. I knew it had something to do with Robby, but the only thing is what? Johnson let out a sigh before looking at me again.

Johnson- I went to the judge and told him everything.

Julia- What do you mean by 'everything'?

Johnson- Everything that had to do with Robby's past dealing with Trey and Cruz.

Julia- Wait so you told on them, right? You left Robby out of it?

She didn't say anything. I bite the inside of my cheek as I tried to conceal the burning anger that filled my chest. She told them everything, including what Robby did. I thought that information was only going to be used against Trey and Cruz.

Julia- Why would you do that?! You told me that you were using that information to help Robby not use against him!

Johnson- I know, I was just pissed off and after the information you gave me today. I just acted without thinking.

Julia- What's going to happen now than? Now that you told.

Johnson- His sentence is being raised. He won't be just spending 18 months and the bail won't be posted at two months anymore.

Everything thought ran out of my head. I felt overwhelmed and felt like I was overheating. I was hoping that I was hearing her wrong, but I wasn't.

Julia- So what then?! He's just going to have to do more time?! You are supposed to help him as is PO! Not fuck him over! He didn't even do shit to you! And if you were upset with the Alex thing, you should have taken it out on me! He didn't do anything! 

Johnson- I know, I'm sorry but what's done is done. But I should have done this anyways, it was illegal to withhold information from the judge. I could get into serious trouble.

Julia- Boo fucking woo. You didn't have any issue with doing that before until now. Alex withheld information from you about him being gay but yet I don't see you doing anything about that besides ruining some other kid's life.

Johnson- Robby ruined his own life, I was just his PO. I wasn't there to be his friend nor was I yours, I would appreciate if you kept my son's personal life out of your mouth. 

Julia- You never acted like 'just a PO'. A PO is just someone who is there to make sure their client doesn't go back to juvie or jail, sometimes not even caring at all. Just as long as they get paid, they never cared. But when it came to you, you protected him at all costs. You said it yourself that you would do everything you can to make sure he doesn't go back, even telling us that we could trust you. Guess that was our fault for believing you.

I looked at Johnson once more before turning around. The other three were looking at me but I didn't even spare them a glance before I walked inside. I headed straight for my room and shut the door. I laid on my bed staring at the ceiling, I had my earbuds in as music rang through them. Robby made this playlist ages ago, he said mine sucked so he put his own music on here and this was the first time I actually listened to it. I was just vibing when a loud ringing noise rang through my ears, I jumped slightly and ripped out my earbuds before grabbing my phone that was next to me. I saw Sam's contact on the screen making me confused but nonetheless I still answered.

Julia- Uh hello?

Sam- Is it true?!

Julia- Is what true? Sam, why are you calling me?

Sam- That Robby's sentence is being raised!

Julia- How do you know that?

Sam- Johnson was talking to my dad and Johnny about it! So, I'm guessing it is then?

I sighed and sat up, I really didn't want to have this conversation, but it seems I wasn't getting out of it.

Julia- Yeah, his sentence is being raised. Is that all?

Sam- What happened? I thought he was doing really well in juvie.

Julia- Some past information was brought up to the judge and now it's fucking him over. We done here?

Sam- Well is there anything I can do? Do you need help with anything?

Those simple questions caused the fuse in my body to burst.

Julia- Sam, I don't like you, okay? I don't know why the hell you're even bothering to call when you haven't tried talking to me when he was sent to juvie for the second time. We aren't friends, so just please leave me the hell alone.

I hung up the call and let out a sigh. I rubbed my face with my hands before getting up. I just needed to get out of the house. I grabbed my keys off my bed before walking out of my room, I passed Miguel, my mom and Yaya who were in the living room. They didn't say anything to me as I walked out of the house and got into my car. I hooked up my aux and started to play the playlist again before I began to drive. I drove around for a while before I decided to check out the basketball court. I pulled in the parking lot and saw someone playing basketball. I didn't think anything of it and got out. I walked into the court and realized that the person was Xander. I watched as he was about to shoot causing me to run over and intercept the ball. I quickly turned myself around and shot it into the basket which made it in. I smiled to myself before grabbed the ball and held it as I turned to Xander who just like Robby had an expression I couldn't read.

Xander- Nice shot, now can I have my ball back?

Julia- After we talk.

Xander- There's nothing to talk about, Jules. Can I have my ball now?

Julia- There is actually. I'm sorry that I told Johnson about Alex, I swear on my Yaya that I thought she knew already. I didn't mean to cause issues with you guys.

Xander sighed and ran his fingers through his hair, something he tend to pretty often.

Xander- It's whatever, I wasn't really even mad at you. Alex was pissed off at me for it, so I took out my emotions on you which I'm sorry for kicking you out.

Julia- It's all good, I had it coming. But hey if you didn't do that, I wouldn't have found out my mom burned the letters Robby got me or that Johnson got Robby's sentences raised.

Xander- What? Your mom and Johnson did what?

Julia- Yeah, mom got pissed at me after I left to stay with you and burned the letters. Johnson told the judge all of the shit Robby did in his past that he didn't know which I might as well say, Robby was a drug dealer and a thief. He did it with these two guys who were way older than him by the way, he stopped after we meet but now it's biting him in the ass because of Johnson.

Xander chuckled as I began messing with the ball.

Xander- What? You are dating ex drug dealer too? Geez and I thought him fighting was bad enough.

Julia- Hey in my defense, I didn't know all of that till I got with him so you can't blame me.

Xander shook his head as he walked over to me, he took the chance to steal the ball from my hands before backing away. I looked at him curiously before he checked it to me. 

Xander- Come on, you used to play right? I want to see if you are all bark and no bite.

Julia- You already got your ass kicked by me in karate. Are you sure you want to lose in sports too?

Xander- Just shut up and check it.

I laughed and checked the ball to him. We played a few rounds and let's just say, I won each time.