blast from the past

We sat in the car for what felt like ages, I knew he wasn't going to walk in without a fight but geez I didn't think he would put up one for this long.

Robby- I'm not going in there, Julia.

Julia- Robby, you have to go in. I already texted her this morning that you were going to see her today, so you have to.

Robby- you texted my PO?!

Julia- she texted me first because you were ignoring her text.

Robby- because I don't want to talk to her, Julia! 

Julia- for the love of God, just go Robby! it's a quick in and out, this way you can change your address to Moon's so that way if she does check in, she won't see your staying in some dojo!

He looked at me than out the window, I sighed and looked down at my hands than back up at him.

Julia- look, I'm only doing this so that you won't get in trouble. If you aren't supposed to be fighting, then I want to know now so you can stop before you get in trouble. Can you please just go in? 

Robby looked at me with a blank stare, I could tell by the look in his eyes that he was still pissed off but nonetheless he opened the car door and got out. I internally cheered as I followed him inside the building. We sat in the waiting room after checking in, I watched him fidget with the bracelet making me sigh and look away from him. About 10 minutes later, we got called back and we went in. Johnson was sitting at her desk and looked up at us with a smile when she saw us, she motioned for us to sit which we did.

Johnson- alright, what brings you two in here? Robby, I see you missed are last check in

Robby- got busy.

Johnson- right well let's try to come to those, I don't want to have to send you back to Juvie for validating your parole.

Robby didn't say anything to her as he looked back down at his hands, Johnson looked at him than at me as I sat straight up in my chair.

Johnson- alright, Ms. Diaz. you had some concerns about his parole?

Julia- um yes, I wanted to ask if he was able to fight like in a dojo. I know he was arrested for that but i didn't know if that meant he can't fight again. 

Johnson- I mean I don't see why not, as long as he's not street fighting than he is all clear. what dojo are you training in?

Robby- Cobra Kai.

Johnson- ah okay, the dojo in the strip mall. I heard good things about that place, maybe it will help with your anger control.

Robby- what did you just say?

Johnson- oh not like that! I'm saying like it's a good way to balance out your emotions. I mean considering your last dojo didn't work out in your favor, maybe this one will do you some good.

I sat back in my chair as I looked at Robby, he still refused to make eye contact with me or Johnson. I would say I'm upset with that, but I did drag him here when he didn't want to be so that's on me.

Johnson- have you spoken to your mom since you been out of Juvie?

Robby- nope, why would I?

Johnson- you tell me, Robby. she was your legal guardian for what? 16 years

Robby- can't say that. she was never around; I would have been lucky to have seen her for more than 5 minutes.

Johnson- okay we are getting somewhere, this is good Robby.

Robby- If I talk, then can I go?

Johnson- *chuckles* yes, that's how it works here.

I looked between the two as I put my phone on silent since it kept buzzing in my pocket. Robby looked at Johnson with an unamused expression.